So excited...June 22..

mjbwright
on 6/5/04 1:40 am - JACKSONVILLE, NC
Well, I finally got my surgery date which is also my birtday...people say I am crazy but I don't care. It's a new beginning. Anyway, I haven't heard back from insurance yet but I am hopiing that all is approved. I guess I need to start that high protein diet soon. Anyone know of any good suggestions. I've tried a few but can't get past the chalky taste. Also, if you could include where to find them, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the prayers and support.
Melissa S
on 6/5/04 3:12 am - Cool Ridge, WV
Hey, thats my day too! There is alot of sites with sample of protein drinks. I ordered Unjury.com unflavored and chocolate and like both alot. Thinking about ordering the vanilla too. I heard also not to stock up on anything because our taste will change after sugery. I am lucky my hubby loves protein drinks and will drink anything I don't..LOL
catly
on 6/7/04 4:44 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Could you send me the urls for the sites that have protein supplements and vitamin supplements for bariatric patients? Thanks. [email protected]
Haze K.
on 6/5/04 9:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
I ordered a bunch of sample from "VitaLady.com". everyone says our taste preferences change after surgery, so I ordered a wide variety to try. I've been using some from Costco. At first, yuck...after persistence, tolerable! "Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do!" Remember, no one asked you to LOVE the protein, just to use it for good health! haze
terrycoles
on 6/5/04 11:28 am - Corpus Christi, TX
I bought some unflavored whey protein that can be mixed with most anything. I tried it in some iced tea and it was fine. It can be mixed with jello, pudding, scrambled eggs, soups etc. I was really concerned about how in the world I could get that much protein eating so little, especially being on liquids at first. My surgery in on June 14th and I can't wait. Have to go for pre-op on the 10th. Good luck to you! Terry
Jojo G.
on 6/5/04 1:16 pm
You can find ready-to-drink drinks as well as powders...my surgery is scheduled for June 24th----I have bought both. What I have heard is what may taste good to you now, may not after surgery.....so??? Good ones to me now are: Myoplex Lite (strawberry, vanilla), Atkins (chocolate royale, chocolate delight, vanilla), Herbalife (chocolate, vanilla), carbsolutions (vanilla, chocolate)..... Best of luck. ---Jojo BMI 37/208 Pre-Op
CONCRETE A.
on 6/6/04 3:04 am - NC
MY DATE IS THE 22ND TOOOO BEEN A LONG WAITE I HAVE PRE OPP JUNE 11 TH SOOOOON WE WILL BE ON THE LOSEING SIDE LETS KEEP IN TOUCH AND SURPORT EACH ANOUTHER I LIVE IN N.C. TOO ;ITTLE TOWN CALLED OTTO GOD BLESS ALWAYS
Renee A.
on 6/6/04 10:56 am - shelby, MI
Im June 22nd and cant wait. I start my protein liquid diet tuesday. I can have carnation instant breakfast, I also like low carb slim fast. Other than protien drinks I can have sugar free clear liquids. I am going to make some homeade chicken broth and freeze it. I dont like the store bought stuff.
mjbwright
on 6/6/04 11:46 am - JACKSONVILLE, NC
Hi guys... Thanks for all the support. I went today and bought 2 huge cases of Myoplex. I start my high protein Tuesday. I am thankful that my husband loves his protein drinks so if I don't like them then I'll just pass em' on to him and try something new. I can tell that this might get a bit expensive though. $139.00 a case....wow! It better have some gold in it...lol. Anyway, I have my pre-op on Tues. so I am excited about that. Just waiting for my approval from insurance. So, cross your fingers and say a prayer for me toinight that all goes through. Thanks to all of you. I have been blessed to find such an amazing support group. Take care. -Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views