4 days and got a cold :(

marypoco
on 6/4/04 8:01 am - amherst, MA
OK now what! I've had this cold since Tuesday. I even resorted to stuff like ginger flavored brandy in tea. OMG this is the worst tasting stuff I have ever tasted in my lifetime!! It has loosened up quite a bit! MY lungs are clear, its only my nose and my horse voice. and an occasional cough. I still have some post nasal drip going on. thats why I cough I think.So now what. I'm waiting till monday, if its still around I'll call the surgeons office and tell them. I'm giving it the weekend. Whats your thoughts on this. Will they still do the surgery? if my lungs are clear? Or will it be postponed till god knows when!!! Any thoughts will be helpful. Thanks! Mary
k29acosta
on 6/4/04 9:47 am - roseburg, OR
well my grandma always said sweat out a cold I just cover up and keep warm (especially your arms) and sweat it out it does work for me (sometimes) anyway chin up and i am praying for you
Melanie D.
on 6/4/04 10:42 am - Chespeake, VA
Hey Mary, I've got a cold too! I'm running a low grade fever and I'm trying to figure out what I can take. I think Tylenol is the only fever reducer we can take this close. Does anyone know this for a fact? The LAST thing I want to do is take the wrong thing and postpone my surgery! Melanie D.
marypoco
on 6/4/04 12:16 pm - amherst, MA
Thanks for your support Ladies. Melanie good luck to you with your cold too. I hate the fact that I can't talk right now, its freaking me out that this will be the reason they won't do surgery. The breathing tube you know! will that be effected? It's my vocal cords not my throat..lol..?????? I don't know. I'll just say a little pray. and go with that. Mary
Leonard
on 6/4/04 5:52 pm - Rancho Mirage, CA
Mary wrap yourself up and sweat it out. I'll say prayers too. I doubt that they will operate if you have a cold. Summer colds are a bummer! Keep your spirits up! Leonard
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views