I got my denial letter.

carrie42
on 6/4/04 2:05 am - Inwood, WV
Kaiser denied me on the basis of 6 month diet with THEIR nutritionist. I'm still trying to fight but I'm so very sad about this now. We have to switch insurances because my husband switched jobs so I won't even have Kaiser after the end of the month. We're trying to decide which carrier to go with. Carefirst told me they may not cover me period because I'm morbidly obese. I had no idea that insurance companies could turn you down for being fat. Carrie
bubbleboo K.
on 6/4/04 3:00 am - anywhere, OK
Is your husbands ins. with the company he is working for or is he self employed? If he is self employed and is paying himself then they can refuse you, but if his employer is providing the ins. then they cannot turn you down. It's on of the catch 22's of being self employed, ins. can deny you for a variety of reasons. Good luck.
Sister Jo H.
on 6/4/04 5:29 am - Wheeling, WV
Dear Bubbleboo Kd, Insurance coverage can be very difficult. I have no answers, but you do have my heartfelt hopes that the problem get worked out. Sr. Jo Hall
Jennifer P.
on 6/4/04 11:26 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Time to have your person at work that deals with insurance talk to Kaiser. Also, talk with the insurance people at your Dr's office, maybe they can decipher what Kaiser wants and you can jump through the hoops. That is what the insurance game is about. Heck, I had to gain weight back before I couold get approved. You may have done too well.
Leonard
on 6/4/04 6:21 pm - Rancho Mirage, CA
Carrie attack this on all basis. Have your doctors office contact your insurance. You call them as well. And have the Employee benefits coordinator at your husbands work call them as well. The squeeky wheel gets results. Some insurance companies are more with it and do pay for this type of surgery without problems. Most of those are PPO's **** are much less likely to pay without a fight. Kaiser is horrible and denies most everything. This is why I left them. Besides, my good doctors left them too. I am very happy with Blue Cross California PPO. They cover everything without problems. Atleast that's my experience. Best of luck!!! Leonard
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views