Initial Visit and Insurance requirements

Squawmeemaw
on 6/3/04 10:34 am - Hutto, TX
I saw Dr Ira Kasper in Houston yesterday (6/1/04) He had no problem with my need for surgery. I have to get a letter from my pcp and Dr. Kasper. I also have to get an EGD, cardiac work-up (poss. cardiac cath) and get a psych eval for the ins. to cover this. I have everything scheduled for next week and the following Monday. Keep on keeping on has taken on a whole new meaning. I WILL NOT give-up.
Andre' D.
on 6/3/04 11:07 am - Joplin, MO
THAT IS THE ATTITUDE TO HAVE. IT TOOK ME ALMOST A YEAR BUT I GOT IT AND MY SURGERY IS JUNE 7TH. I CRIED WHEN OUR SECONDARY INSURANCE CALLED AND TOLD ME I WAS APPROVED. JUST KEEP BELIEVEING AND IT WILL HAPPEN. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. MAY YOU BE BLESSED WITH GOOD FORTUNE. ANDRE' DAMRILL
Squawmeemaw
on 6/3/04 12:58 pm - Hutto, TX
Thanks for the response. I will never give up. I have to win this one!
Jennifer P.
on 6/3/04 11:10 am - Elizabethtown, KY
I understand the feeling. I started with one Dr in March/April 03 and when he submitted me in Aug he told me that he was getting "out of the game." I had to find a new Dr. Luckilyu the insurance waited until they heard from my new Dr to decide. My new Dr. (WL Center at St Joe's East in Lex, KY) new that insur would deny me if I didn't do 5 month's Dr. supervised diet. SO I started into that. At 6 months the dietician found out that if I lost 1#/week I would be denied as a success! I had to go another month and gain 10 # back. What a laugh. Anyway I got through it all and have a date for June 21. Good luck with all the hoops you have to jump through!
Squawmeemaw
on 6/3/04 1:05 pm - Hutto, TX
Thanks for the info on the 1# "success" rate. I haven't been to a Dr. for wt loss since I was a young mom. All three of my old pcp's are dead and their records are destroyed. The estate only has to keep them for 7 years after retirement or death here in Texas! I spent all day and mucho dollars today and yesterday trying to find them. I finally got the death notices from the local medical assoc. oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. I will go ballistic if they give me any grief over this. I sure can't revive them! haha congrats on your surgery date also. prayers and good thoughts your way.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views