Feeling nothing

MarinaS
on 6/3/04 4:47 am - Small Town, WA
I too am feeling nothing. I started considering WLS on April 2 and have a date for June 21. I think it all went so fast that I have not had time for it to sink in. At this time I feel what will be will be. My husband is really scared for me. I feel that my quality of life has been nothing for the past two years and I am hoping that after surgery I will have energy to participate in life once again. I just cannot believe that I may be thinner and cannot picture myself that way. Maurene
Melissa S
on 6/3/04 4:59 am - Cool Ridge, WV
I wish I could be like that! I am terrified! I have been researching this for 3 years. Finally went to the doctor on May 17 and now have a date from the 22nd. I wi**** would have went faster but my doctor went out of town for 2 weeks. Good Luck!
Heather P.
on 6/3/04 5:55 am - Media, PA
I'm not feeling nothing...I'm feeling everything it's kind of overwhelming. I've been at this for 6 months (and I know that is relatively short) but I guess I've been so focused on the process that, now that it's over and I have a date, I have nothing to focus on except the surgery. My husband is nervous - but more for after than the surgery. He is worried about changing and possibly damaging my insides. He doesn't want anything to happen to me. But, like you, quality of life has been steadily declining and I'm only 37. I want to have a healthy life for many years to come and this is my chance. I can't picture myself thinner either. I've never been thin - so I have no clue what it's like. The doctor asked me for a goal weight and I couldn't even think of one. Heather
Pamela Danford
on 6/3/04 6:55 am - AL
Iam 40 years old and weigh 335 and like you my quality of has been declining.I had a heartatack scare and the doctor told me if I didn't lose some of this weight I would not be here in ten years.I want to live to be 100 lol.Like you I can't picture my self thin because I have been over weight all my life.My father had to have 1/3 of stomach removed because of ulcers that was 10 years ago and it did not messup his insides. He knows what it is like. He is the only one that is worried about me having this sugery But I told him I had to do this for me.I have tried all kinds of diets and none have worked for me. This was a last resort for me.But I am having all kinds of feelings I am nervous,anxious and excited all in one.One day I wokeup feeling depressed and cried all day wondering if I was doing the right thing I know I am because I want to live If I die on the poerating table I Am dieing anyway.So you have to think of it that way to.
Squawmeemaw
on 6/3/04 10:39 am - Hutto, TX
I wish I could get a date that fast. My diabetes is killing me faster than the insurance will ok me. Pray for me. I will be praying for you.
ejarbaby
on 6/5/04 8:41 am - Omaha, NE
Maurene, I must be alot like you, except I have been waiting for this surgery for over 3 months. I am not scared. I figure whatever happens was meant to be. I personally never really researched WLS but the fact is I am fat, can't diet correctly and need to lose weight before I become diabetic. I'm not looking forward to the liquid diet I need to go on 10 days before surgery (June 21st), but I can do it. I had to quit smoking for the surgery and that went pretty well, so hopefully this will too. The only thing that worries me is *not* having the surgery. What if I get sick before, or my physical with my primary DR. drums up something bad. That is what scares me. I want to get this done. So far so good. I didn't have any problems with insurance, no problems with taking time off work (I get 6 weeks), quit smoking easily, so hopefully everything else will go smoothly. Good luck to you, I will make sure to add you to my prayers. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views