Today is Pre-Op Testing Day

Faye O.
on 6/2/04 8:41 pm - Middleport, OH
Wish me luck. I go for my tests today and another visit to see Dr. Grandia. My surgery is next Monday...it has come about so fast that I've hardly had time to think about it....or worry about it. An interesting thing happened to me this past weekend. I was on vacation in Pennsylvania and my husband happened to mention the surgery to the lady preparing breakfast at the hotel. She asked if she could meet me to ask me some questions, so I went down later to meet her. Come to find out, there were no questions at all...she just wanted to pray with me and let me know the surgery will come out fine. It was very sweet of her to care that much about a stranger....but then again, the Lord does put "angels" in our path from time to time. I felt instantly at ease about everything after meeting with this person...thank you "Cathy" for your kind words. My sister is going to make my most favorite meal on Saturday for my "last supper" before surgery. I've got most of my post-op foods bought, and wal-mart had Atkins protein drink mix on clearance, so I stocked up on that. The family is doing well preparing themselves for the surgery. My job this weekend is to snuggle hubby and son, call my other son and daughter and reassure them, and get some much needed rest. Good luck to all of you out there with upcoming surgeries. I'll see you on the "losing side" very soon! God bless you all!
Pamela R.
on 6/3/04 12:12 am - Kinston, NC
Good luck Faye, I am having surgery on Monday also. Hope you have a safe and speedy recovery. I will be thinking of you and praying for both of us. God Bless
M T.
on 6/3/04 2:54 am - O'Fallon, MO
Good luck and prayers to you both that are having surgery on Monday. The time will be here before you know it and you will be on the loosing side. Keep us posted on how your doing and if you need us, we are here ~Trish~ (Surgery date 6/29/04)
LIBRA2
on 6/3/04 1:36 pm - Centerville, IN
I had pre-op tests Tuesday June 1st and surgery will be June 10th so I'm close behind you. My prayers are with you as well for a speedy recovery! I have had lots of people saying they will pray for me including the wonderful people at my church and my TOPS group. I believe in the power of prayer for all of us!! God be with you and all of us setting out on this new life. Diana
Leonard
on 6/3/04 3:38 pm - Rancho Mirage, CA
Hi Faye, wishing you the very best! I'll have a prayer for you. I just started the process.... Went to the symposium in Pasadena, CA last night and selected my surgeon. I have been researching this for about a year. Looked at many surgical groups, hospitals etc. I had the help of a brother who is a heart surgeon. We selected the surgical group and hospital based on their statistics and reputation. Four of my friends down here were operated on by the same group (same surgeon), and all of them did well and would do it again by the same surgeon. So I have my first one on one with my surgeon on June 23rd. I fully understand the risks, and strongly feel that the benefits far outweigh the risks. I am a very positive person. So, prayers for you! And best wishes for a wonderful life! Leonard
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views