SD June 24/BMI 37 - anyone else?

Jojo G.
on 6/2/04 11:14 am
Anyone else with similar stats having surgery on June 24th? ---Jojo BMI 37/208 Pre-Op
Traci H.
on 6/2/04 12:05 pm - New Orleans, LA
Jojo, My BMI is much higher than you....50....but I am having surgery on the 24th and I am originally from Wisconsin! GO PACK! I grew up in Watertown and my best friend from high school is a teacher in Iola. Anyway, good luck with surgery and email if you'd like to compare notes.
Smile
on 6/2/04 11:43 pm - Buffalo, MN
You must have some bad co morbs. 37 is pretty low, well at least to most of us. You are normaly suppose to have a BMI of 40 or higher. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm considerd a "light weigh" my BMI to start was 41.8 and 259 now that I have lost some pre-op weight it is down a bit to around 40 and 245. My personal goal is to get down to 145. Best Wishes to you! LeAnn
Jojo G.
on 6/3/04 1:28 pm
I do have several co-morbs......sad thing is that my insurance doesn't cover WLS though..... I start my pre-op diet on Monday and worried that if I lose too much they may not go ahead with the surgery....does that sound strange? ----Jojo BMI 37/208 Pre-Op
JackieF
on 6/3/04 10:59 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
My surgery is also June 24th, but my BMI is 52/275 pre-op. Jackie
Arlene I.
on 6/4/04 7:18 pm - San Dimas, CA
Hi Jojo! I have been wondering about low BMI's too - but my suergery is sooner than yours... on June 10th. My BMI at its highest was 40, but with pre op diet and jitters, it is at 38. I do have co-morbidities such as high BP, high cholesterol, arthritis, etc. Maybe you feel like me and are thinking why am I getting so drastic about losing 70 or 80 lbs? I went back and forth on this for quite some time. I tried every diet on planet earth and no matter what, when I would lose about 15 pounds or so, I would feel so happy I would start to eat again to reward myself, and before I knew it, I had gained it all and maybe more! People tell me I don't look like I am big enough to have surgery and that I should just try a regular diet. (I hide my weight well - I have learned the secrets of how to dress to cover up the lbs!****il those people have walked in our shoes - they don't know the pain and mental anguish all this causes! I still think about all this, but I know in my heart it is the right thing to do for the long term. At 47 years old I'm holding up OK, but 5 or 10 years down the line I can't say for sure if that would still be true. This surgery is our best chance at having a truly normal life. I want to wear clothes that don't contain an "X" in the size! We're doing the right thing!!!
Jojo G.
on 6/5/04 1:24 pm
Thanks for your note.....I couldn't agree more....learning to dress to cover the "pounds" and how others don't know the pain and mental anguish we have gone through. Let's try to keep in contact. My thoughts will be with you through your journey. Jojo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views