Feeling AAAAAA littttttle anxiety!

Mary Jane B.
on 6/2/04 7:08 am - Middle, MI
My surgery is on Tuesday the 8th. I am fine if I am busy but once I start thinking about it I get big time butterflies!!! Any others feeling the same? mj
Tracy O.
on 6/2/04 7:12 am - Jasper, TN
Congratulations on the date!! Yes! You're feelings must be normal, cuz I just got my date this morning and I already have butterflies!! My date is June 30!! But all in all, we know it is going to be sooooo worth it!!! My prayers are with you!!! God Bless! Tracy
LIBRA2
on 6/2/04 11:18 am - Centerville, IN
I go June 10th and had pre-op tests yesterday--yes, I am a little anxious too!!! I'm not scared--just ready to have it done and get on with recovery. My husband and I were with our daugher for her surgery 12/8/03 (lost 75 lbs now!) so I have a good idea about what is to come. We will make it--trust in that--and we will be big losers. I'm to have laproscopic surgery and she had open so that will be different. Prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Blessings, Diana
annaklewis
on 6/2/04 1:23 pm - Madison, WI
I too am having surgery on June 8th. I too am feeling really anxious. Everyone I've spoken with in our local bariatric support group said that this is normal. In fact, one woman said she cried for 45 minutes to the anesthiesiologist (sp?) right before hand. But I know that this isn't necessarily much consolation, I guess we just have to recognize that the fears of what might happen if we remain overweight are just as scary... Good luck on the 8th! Anna
nicole H.
on 6/2/04 2:32 pm - Naperville, il
I'm just sick to my stomach as friday is my big day for my revision. Although the RNY is not knew to me, I still have all the butterflies and what if's. Today was the last day I can eat as I have to fast for the most part tomorrow, the day before surgery. I was not even into the "last meal" deal. Nicole
Nancy B.
on 6/2/04 8:42 pm - Savannah, GA
I know the feeling!!! Friday is my big day. I keep going from excited to crying like a crazy person. As it turned out, I was not into the last meal thing either...gave most of it to my husband! For all with upcoming surgery dates...Best wishes for a speedy recovery you will all be in my thoughts and prayers! Nancy
Smile
on 6/2/04 11:50 pm - Buffalo, MN
All I can say is.....we weren't scared and anxious we wouldn't be normal!!! Mine date is the 16th. At least I will keep busy until then, we are moving tonight and tomorrow. That should keep my mine busy.......for a while, until I try to sleep. LeAnn
Kelly_D
on 6/2/04 11:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Mary Jane, I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday and I'm excited, nervous, and afraid all at the same time. But, I have the utmost confidence in my surgeon and in God, so I'm as ready as I can be. I think I would still feel the same way no matter what date they gave me. Everything has moved by so fast and now it's time. Don't worry, all of us "June Losers" are gonna do great and it will all be worth it when it's all over and done with. I wish all of you the best and let's keep up with the updates. Kelly
Heather P.
on 6/3/04 1:12 am - Media, PA
Mary Jane, I can totally relate. My date is on the 28th and I'm so emotional my husband doesn't know what to say to me because I either snap, or cry or over react in some way. I've been told that the emotional roller coaster is totally normal, but it's not really fun. My pre-op testing is on the 9th - and you'll be all done by then. I'm really excited for you and I know all will go well. God bless, Heather
M T.
on 6/3/04 2:58 am - O'Fallon, MO
I am keeping you all in my prayers. Feeling anxious is normal. I am not feeling anything yet but that is probably a good thing. I will have plenty of time in the next 20 days to get nervious hehe.. ~Trish~ (Surgery date 6/29/04)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views