The Day I have Waited 2yrs for!!!

Pamela R.
on 6/1/04 9:03 pm - Kinston, NC
My surgery date is almost finally here just 5 more days and we are off to a new start in life. I had been approved through one physician over a yr ago and when my approval came back from my insurer the doctor had decided to close his practice and move out of the state. Mind you I was a bit upset but then I never took myself off of Dr. Chapman's waiting list and finally got a call from them in June of 2003 to ask if I was still interested. Well of course I told them yes and my first appt. was in Sept. 2003. I had to quit smoking and did smoked my last cigarette on Christman day 2003 and Dr. Chapman was thrilled when I told him. I had all my tests done by Jan. 2004. I was approved by my insurer within 2 weeks they had an answer and my first surgery date was May 6th. That was postponed due to the dr. having a family emergency and that is why it was bumped to June 7th. Went 6/1/04 for pre op visit and spent my whole day there from 12:45pm til almost 8pm, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. So now I will call the hospital friday between 3pm and 6pm to find out my surgery time on Monday. Until then I just wait patiently to go for the surgery.
Smile
on 6/1/04 11:18 pm - Buffalo, MN
That is so GREAT!!! It will we worth the wait!!! LeAnn
Jennifer P.
on 6/2/04 1:57 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Congratulations. I had a similar experiance with Dr's closing, but got through that too. Good Luck!
Squawmeemaw
on 6/3/04 10:29 am - Hutto, TX
So glad for you. I can't wait for my surgery date. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views