I've been denied...

carrie42
on 6/1/04 7:48 am - Inwood, WV
I'm appealing but my spirits are very low. Carrie
Smile
on 6/1/04 8:02 am - Buffalo, MN
What happend? Did they say why they denied you? Hope that your appeal goes through with out a hitch! LeAnn
yolanda R.
on 6/1/04 12:54 pm - millville, NJ
what insurance company did you have and how much do you weight and dont give up trust in God he will see you threw i will be praying for you i am 28 year old and i weight is 298pds and my ht is 6'1 and my bmi 39 and i waiting on a approver from my insurance comp. will like to here from you remember God can do all thing trust him and ask in his name try him he wonderful i love him thanks and God bless you and your family!
carrie42
on 6/2/04 5:19 am - Inwood, WV
My insurance company is Kaiser. I weigh 298 and I'm 5' 3". My BMI is 52.8. Carrie
vnoyes
on 6/2/04 6:59 am - Sacramento, CA
Carrie, Please appeal!!! any BMI over 50 qualifies under Kaiser, I don't get it, there's no way they should deny you! I started at BMI of 41 with sleep apnea as my co-morbidity and was approved, but I too had to appeal, so I guess they can try , but they are going against their own standards. Take care and don't waste a minute, they have to get back to you within 30 days. Good Luck!! This is a medical necessity for you! -Vickie in Sacramento
LIBRA2
on 6/2/04 11:36 am - Centerville, IN
You should definitely appeal. It seems a lot of insurances will deny initially hoping a percentage will just give up (on all sorts of claims!). Also, if you have co-morbidity illnesses, be sure it's documented as well. I would also ask them to give a written denial outlining why you don't meet their guidelines--don't accept a verbal only denial. Appeal anyway, but persist for them to put it in writing. If it's a clear violation of their policy, they will resist putting it in writing! Best wishes--don't give up. God Bless and my prayers are with you. Diana
k29acosta
on 6/1/04 1:16 pm - roseburg, OR
do not give I think most insurance companies just do that in the hopes you do not appeal and they do not have to pay but if you appeal they have to look more closely at the case DO NOT GIVE UP DO NOT GIVE UP
M T.
on 6/3/04 2:51 am - O'Fallon, MO
I am so sorry Carrie, your in my prayers and please don't give up. I personally dislike Kiaser but I hope they get their act together for once and get you approved. I am just bearly shorter then you and weigh a little less but with my co morbidities I got my insurance to cover my first letter. God Bless and keep us updated! ~Trish~ (Surgery date 6/29/04)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views