Freaking out!

Arlene I.
on 5/30/04 8:12 pm - San Dimas, CA
My date is 6/10/04 which is 2 days after my birthday and I am getting a little emotional already! I keep getting the "butterflies" in the stomach and I feel like I signed up to lose my best friend! I hope this feeling gets better, but I bet it gets worse first! What do you all do to keep calm?!
Rebecca J.
on 5/30/04 9:39 pm - Modesto, CA
Hi Arlene, Congratulations on your June 10th surgery date. Mine is the 9th. I haven't felt that emotional thing you're feeling yet, although I'm sure I will next week. I find that reading the message boards, keep learning new things, and really know everything there is to know about the surgery keeps me calm. I also have faith in God, which is #1. My trust is in Him who will watch over me and my surgeons. Hope this helps. Best wishes for a calm spirit and successful recovery. ~Rebecca
Arlene I.
on 5/31/04 5:26 am - San Dimas, CA
Rebecca -- Thanks for the response. I too have prayed (alot!) and I do feel comfort in that, but sometimes I wonder about something. Does it show that someone may not have enough faith in God to trust that he would help them lose weight without surgery? Is having the surgery saying that I don't have full faith in God to lose it on my own with His help? That has been a battle with me. I want to know that this is His plan for me - that I am supposed to do this. Everything has fallen right into place up for the surgery - as far as the timing, the financial part (all taken care of with insurance and from refinancing our home), and the support of my husband and family (mom, dad, sisters, brother). I was very surprised my husband has decided to support me - this is something I thought he would never understand as he comes from a tall and thin family. (Lucky them!)
Rebecca J.
on 5/31/04 11:10 am - Modesto, CA
Dear Arlene, I understand wondering if you have enough faith. I've often wondered if people think that about me. Do they think I don't have faith in God to stick to diet and exercise, why am I taking the easy way out? And this is how I look at it... If you had pneumonia, would you go to a doctor to get antibiotics, or would you pray for God to heal you? Do you immunize your child, or have faith that God would spare your child from whooping cough, tetanus, and polio? If you had diabetes, would you see a doctor about getting meds or have faith that God would never let your blood sugar get too high or too low. What if your doctor told you you had clogged arteries in your heart and needed surgery to fix it? Would you have the surgery? Now don't get me wrong, I believe God performs miracles, everyday in fact. But He also gave us talented, skill physicians to take care of us. We need to have faith, and seek medical help. See, God created these surgeons, just like He created us. He has given them the knowledge and skill to perform wls for those of us who need it. This surgery is not an easy way out. If anything, it's the exact opposite. Read about those people who have gone before us. They tell us of pain, emotional & physical. There's the head hunger, never getting to eat some of our favorite foods, still have to exercise and not to mention drink all tha****er or suffer the consequences. This does not seem like the easy way out. And this is for life! Praise the Lord, for He is good. He has given us a tool to help us, because He loves us and wants what's best for us, a healthy life. Remember, nothing is too small for God, He wants His children to be happy. Praying for God's abundant blessings on you and your family during your miraculous time. Rebecca
LauraR
on 5/30/04 10:48 pm - tiverton, RI
arlene- my surgury is not till june 24th and i already and freakin out...well that's not completely true- some days i am sooooo excited, and others i am just scared...on the bad days i got to the photo gallery and look at everyone elses REMARKABLE transformations and it helps to see the ultimate results...if you need to chat, contact me!
Kathy S.
on 5/31/04 4:28 am - Rio Grande, NJ
My date is June 9 and I am scared, but I know I need to have this done. Everyone I speak to tell me that I will be fine. My doctor told me that the operation will take two hours. That isn't that long. Heart operations take longer. We are all going to be fine. Take care Kathy NJ .
Celena R.
on 5/31/04 5:24 am - bronx, NY
When I start getting nervous I start looking at the before and after pics !!Then I tell myself this is going to be me You should do the same it gives you encouragement to have this surgery !! I to get nervous and scared but God will see us through this surgery my surgery is on June 9 th God Bless You!!!!!
Arlene I.
on 5/31/04 5:35 am - San Dimas, CA
Thanks everybody for your posts. You all definitely have good points! I guess it has been so long since I was anywhere in the vicinity of my normal weight, that I lose my perspective! ****il I see a picture of myself!) It's good to hear from others getting ready for the big day... Hugs to all! Arlene
DONNA C.
on 5/31/04 10:18 am - AMITYVILLE, NY
hi arlene, just a little note to let you know its ok to feel the butterflies its normal. my date is june 15th and all day i have been saying 15 days to go. stay strong donna c.
Thomas H.
on 5/31/04 2:46 pm - Tucson, AZ
If it weren't for those butterflies at times I would wonder what is keeping me from going nuts. Not to sound demeaning but if your best friend is a couple 100 extra pounds you don't need em. You will get a great new friend when you look in the mirror and that new friend will be gorgouse. Good Luck and God Bless Tom
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views