What do I need to take to the hospital?

Ellar C.
on 5/30/04 1:19 pm - Saint Jo, TX
I really need help! I'm not sure what to pack, can someone offer advice? or an actual list? My surgery is on June 8th and I'm getting antious and a little scared but I guess everyone feels this way.? HELP!
krystaleyes_1999
on 5/30/04 1:50 pm - Ft Leavenworth, KS
if you look at some of the older post on several of them people have ideas on what to take ut here is a list i found Things to take to the hospital; Slippers Robe with belt Hair brush, hair ties Phone card for long distance calls Phone numbers Lotion Tooth brush & tooth paste ( i liked my own) Panties, pads (most start a day or two post op) Word search or crossword Clothes for trip home (very roomy clothes) Chapstick Also here is another list: Things to do day before surgery; Some of these thing you may not want to do but believe me DO them you will want them for later. Pre Op pictures, front, side and back views Pre op Measurements (ankles, calf, thigh, hips, waist, breast, upper arms, lower arms, ankles) Things to have at home for post op care; Neosporin Lotion Protein drink Crystal light (it is sugar free) Sugar free jello Broth Filtered water ( i invested in a water filter for sink) Notebook to keep track of stuff from drainage tube if you have one You will find early post op you will have to make some adjustments, you will constantly have to sip water. Put your water in some type of bottle so you can keep a better eye on how much you are drinking. My rule of thumb was to get as close to 64 oz as i could. Early post op this is hard to do. Make sure you are not just sitting on the couch, you are up and moving around and walking often to help prevent blood clots. It is very difficult to get protein in during the early phase of post op. Concentrate more on getting the fluids in, it is very easy to become dehydrated. Hope this helps ~Amanda
Yvonne H.
on 5/31/04 1:41 pm - Barksdale AFB, LA
Amanda, where do you get the protein drinks? Thank you for the lists. There are some things on there that I never would have thought of. Thanks again.
krystaleyes_1999
on 5/31/04 2:30 pm - Ft Leavenworth, KS
You can buy them anywhere from Walmart to online. Depending on the brand you want.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views