June 11, 2004 & SCARED!

Kori
on 5/29/04 12:57 pm - Westminster, CO
i am going thru exactly the same ting right now connie.. I am reassuring everyone not too worry, i am young, i will heal fast, i am healthy....everything is gonna be fine, when really I am pep talking myself... I can't wait to get the surgery and healing period over with.. 31 days and countingi wish a speedy recovery for everyone, including myself love you all.... thanks for the continued support..
Jeanne M.
on 5/29/04 10:22 pm - Ocala, FL
I am excited and scared too! My date is June 22nd and I don't want to count the days left! I work as an ICU nurse and we don't see many patients that have complications from WLS. Mostly we see pt's that have complications from being obese! Yes, the complications from WLS are real but the percentages are VERY low. I would rather face those complications than the alternative. I pray that the days pass quickly. I am most afraid of missing "real" food. I so desperatly don't want to be one of those patients I see everyday and to find the thin me but what if I can't do it? What if I am not successfull? What if it doesn't work for me?What if...... Anyone feeling like that?
lalynn
on 6/1/04 8:44 am - Summerfield, NC
Jeanne - I really appreciated your comments about complications you see in ICU. It helped me to remember why I'm doing this. My surgery date is June 7 - 5.5 days - and I'm very nervous. I had to go to a cookout yesterday and I'm on the pre-op diet which is just about the post-op diet only a little more of it. At first it was hard watching everyone else eat all the goodies - but after about 10 minutes of talking to myself internally about the situation - I was o.k. It surprised me. I'm counting on the same thing happening after ther surgery. I feel MUCH better now about handling the post-op diet. Best of luck to you.
toddmaye
on 5/30/04 8:23 am - KINSTON, NC
I am where you were only a week ago. I was scared to death and crying. Every song on the radio made me cry. I said goodbye to my daughter like 10x's on sunday when I dropped her off to her dad's parents just because i was scared that i would not see her again. Nobody knew what was wrong with me. It was funny I met her daddie at the half way mark so that he could take her to his parents. Well he just wasted gas because I ended up driving all the way down there behind him because I could not depart. I got down there and I kissed her good bye again. I stopped by his house and she ended up coming over there(he stays only a few minutes away from his parents and I kissed her one more time goodbye. Then when I left his house she was gone already so I went and found her at his grandmother's house and kissed her good bye one more time. That wasnot the end because I got to talking to his family memebers and she left with his sister and they were down the street on the way out so I got to stop in the middle of the street and kiss her one more time. I was scared to death. It is just one of those things that you don't know. But just have faith in God and he will see you through.
Kathy S.
on 5/31/04 4:23 am - Rio Grande, NJ
I am having surgery on June 9 tomorrow I see my surgeon to make sure everything is in order. I am scared bu after reading all the postings I feel I will be ok. I an looking at this as I life saving operation that I need to have done. I know everything will be ok but I am still scared. All of us will be fine and looking great! Kathy NJ
pccrofts
on 6/3/04 8:26 am - Byrnes Mill, MO
I found all the June 11 people! Me too!! In St. Louis at St. Alexius with Dr. Van Wagner. RNY trying for lap. BMI 54, 5'8 1/2", 361# since I have been eating like there might not be a tomorrow! LOL!! I'm not scared, just really excited. I feel great that I can feel like this is one plan that will not fail me. Pat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views