June 11, 2004 & SCARED!

MzH
on 5/28/04 1:36 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Hey Everyone, Just found this board and am thrilled! I have my date June 11, and met with my surgeon yesterday (final one preop) and signed all the final paperwork and something about that made me so frightened. I'm excited and have been for the longest time. It's gone so smoothly getting approved that it is surreal. Now I find myself counting down the days and totally freaked! Is anyone feeling like this?
Smile
on 5/28/04 2:29 pm - Buffalo, MN
I have my final pre-op w/ my surgeon on the 11th and I'm scared too for my June 16th surgery date. But it reminds us that we are human. I'm counting down as well...........19 more days for me. But look at the big picture......pretty soon the weight will be just melting off! YIPPY Good Luck to you hun. LeAnn
Celena R.
on 5/29/04 2:19 am - bronx, NY
I'm scared to my surgery is on June 9th! Yesturday i had my pre-op testing and it just made it feel so real !!! But we had the Lord looking over our shoulders and he will see us threw our surgeries may we all be blessed with a speedy recovery!!!!
Kori
on 5/29/04 2:25 am - Westminster, CO
I have My date 06/30/04 and My final pre op 06/23/04... 31 days and counting. i am on this web site like 30 times a day, you all are very wonderful... I am soo scared ****ep thinking 1 in 200 pts die from complications.) I need to quit doing that.. Nervous.Anxious. mostly anxious... Can't wait to shed this fat suit.. :
krystaleyes_1999
on 5/30/04 10:24 am - Ft Leavenworth, KS
Hi Korinanne I have my Surgery on the 30th also and my pre-op is the 22nd. Are you haveing Open Rny? ~Amanda
Kori
on 5/29/04 2:25 am - Westminster, CO
I have My date 06/30/04 and My final pre op 06/23/04... 31 days and counting. i am on this web site like 30 times a day, you all are very wonderful... I am soo scared ****ep thinking 1 in 200 pts die from complications.) I need to quit doing that.. Nervous.Anxious. mostly anxious... Can't wait to shed this fat suit.. :
nicole H.
on 5/29/04 5:07 am - Naperville, il
SCARED???? I CANNOT IMAGINE WHY LOL! I already had a GBP in 1999 and this is my revision....AND I AM FREEKIN OUT AGAIN! I just hope I have a better experience this time. The 1st time I was having a panic attack and my mother had just left and I was being injected with something that made me sick and I had to keep all my feelings in b/c I was afraid they would have cancelled the surgery. I went under thinking I was going to die and that they were going to steal my organs....OH GOOD LORD! I've watched too many scary movies! It was terrible! Everything was in my head but still, I was and AM STILL SCARED TO DEATH. My surgery is 6 days away! I am nauseous all day and barely eating... Nicole
bubbleboo K.
on 5/29/04 7:24 am - anywhere, OK
June 11th is a great day for wls. I will be having mine at 7:30 am in Little Rock. I am a wee bit nervous right now and know that it will increase as the day draw near, but I also know that the afterwards will be well worth it. Just imagine how you will look in 6 months around christmas time. I can't wait. Nervous and excited all at once. Good luck!
MzH
on 5/29/04 8:21 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Thanks for all the wonderful & positive responses. I really needed to see that I am not some alien. This is such a great place to get my info and support. I am so glad I finally found you!
conpat22
on 5/29/04 9:54 am - Beatty, NV
Wow, I had to take a double-take on this cuz I to am June 11, had my final preop with surgeon on thurs. and have been so full of weird feelings since! For so long I've been so excited and now I too am scared! Not of giving up food, nor the thoughts of even dieing, my fear comes from the complications that could happen. I am scared of that!!! My family's been so great about this even tho scared, I have been like a cheerleader and now I'm afraid to show my fear so they don't freak out! Is this normal, I hope so. Anyway good luck to both of us
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views