Sex after surgery

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/04 11:35 am - Houston, TX
Hi I have heard so many bad things by people who havent had the surgery about having sex after the surgery. So whats the verdict? How long do I have to wait? And how long will I be sore from the cuts? Can I drive like a week after it? My surgery is next week and now I'm getting scared. Confused
krystaleyes_1999
on 5/28/04 12:08 pm - Ft Leavenworth, KS
Hi Jewel None of us here have had the surgery yet so we are probably wondering the same thing hehe. But i did come across a messege board on this site specially for this topic . If you go to WLS Home and look on the left hand side and scroll down on the first list and at the bottom there will be the site you need. click on it and hit go. as for the driveing . i am haveing open RNY and my doctor says not driveing for the first 2 weeks. Hope i have helped . ~Amanda
bubbleboo K.
on 5/28/04 12:53 pm - anywhere, OK
The earlies I have heard of anyone having sex is one week. I don't know if they were being truthful or just wishful thinking. I think it is really just a matter of when you feel like it. I know that I won't feel like it for at least several weeks. I will have a scar from my breast bone to my belly button and expect soreness. Good luck.
k29acosta
on 5/28/04 1:08 pm - roseburg, OR
I was wondering the same thing (well my husband more than me) but anywho I guess mainly it is up to the individual if you can go back to a desk job after lap procedure after two weeks I guess you can go back to action......if we just lay there......lol just kidding this discussion could be embarassing with a surgeon I mean I guess certain positions should not be attempted for a while but then morbidly obese most positions are not safe anyway (you know me pull a muscle or my DH smother and die).........lol I know you are serious and really I am too these are the things that have been going through my head.............if anyone got ungodly mental pictures I soooooooooooooo apologize.......lol I can not wait until after surgery I have heard (and remember from thinner days) that it is so much better when you are flexible....things to ponder
Smile
on 5/28/04 2:22 pm - Buffalo, MN
I have a hand book, and it says you should wait for one month after WLS. That way your incision has more time to heal. You use too many muscles when having sex and you don't want to injure anything. Well, hope this answers your questions. LeAnn
Melissa S
on 5/29/04 12:03 am - Cool Ridge, WV
My doctor told me as long as I wasn't on any pain meds. I could drive as soon as I wanted. Sex- now thats what I want to know. I have heard everything from when you feel like it, 1 week, 2 weeks, and a month. I guess the best thing is to ask our doctors.
toddmaye
on 5/30/04 8:27 am - KINSTON, NC
I had my surgery Lap on last monday and I drove for the first time on yesterday. I was told that i should refrain from driving until I have stopped taking my pain meds and I actually stopped them on Thurs. As for the sex thing I don't know. I have also heard of a person trying it after one week but from my understanding u have to be the one to take control!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views