What is in your suitcase & on your grocery list?

Diane G.
on 5/27/04 11:35 am - Dacula, GA
I am just curious, what's in your suitcase to bring to the hospital. I am trying to prepare myself. I purchased some protein supplements, but seem to be at a loss after that. I am already afraid to think that I may eat the wrong thing.Does anyoneelse feel that way? Diane Scheduled June 9th
k29acosta
on 5/27/04 12:10 pm - roseburg, OR
I have not packed yet my surgery is not until June 28th so I should get started I know I am takeing slip on slippers with good non slip soles chapstick 2-3 tubes really big sweats and top to wear home (lightweight sweats) it will be june takeing a bed pillow to hold my stomache on the ride home getting a bath robe that is easy to put on and really large so I don't pull my stomache putting it on for my walks toothbrush, hairbrush, toothpaste, lotion lots of footies, pictures of my babies loose fitting jammies and really big all cotton undies makeing my hubby charge the air conditioner in the car before surgery........lol (I have a 3 and a half hour drive) I have a list sent to me by someone else if you like I could e-mail it to you if you e-mail me and request I am sooooooo worried I will not eat the right things makeing menus I am no good at getting in enough liquids I think I will be ok with because I drink all the time now, not drinking while I eat, ummmmmmm probably will be hard at first but I quit smoking on April 28th just put them down so I guess if I can do that I can do this I have several fears like if they stick tubes down my nose or mouth I want them to knock me out first.........I hope they do not have to use a big needle for the I.V. hope I don't have to be on oxygen after surgery the smell makes me sick I am still not believeing this is really happening yet it still seems like a dream so I am not in the packing mode or going out and buying what I need mode yet I have tried to be in the cleaning my house mode but the kids are in there seak and destroy mode so not a winning battle my surgery is June 28th seems so far away......especially when I just pulled out a calendar and realized that it was exactly the same amount of days since my consultation as there is to my surgery.......and that seems like so long ago anyway I have rambled on and on if you find any must haves in the suitcases let me know
Barb P.
on 5/28/04 3:12 pm - Smalltown, KY
Kimberly, my surgery is June 25 and I'd like you to E-mail me that list if you don't mind. Thanks and good luck to you.
krystaleyes_1999
on 5/27/04 1:12 pm - Ft Leavenworth, KS
here is a list on a profile i found tonight hope this helps. Things to take to the hospital; Slippers Robe with belt Hair brush, hair ties Phone card for long distance calls Phone numbers Lotion Tooth brush & tooth paste ( i liked my own) Panties, pads (most start a day or two post op) Word search or crossword Clothes for trip home (very roomy clothes) Chapstick
Janina M.
on 5/27/04 2:17 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
Hi guy's, the other thing's to bring are: baby wipe's, a back scratcher, anri bacterial hand gel,mouthwash, a firm small pillow, and a pillow,vasaline, slipper's you can slip your feet into, a walkman, book's. These where some item's that a friend told me to bring.(she had the surgery) My surgery is June 9th, and I am so excited. You guy's take care. Janina
mh2327
on 5/27/04 6:35 pm - Burbank, CA
Good question!! I am at a lost also - just got my surgery date - June 4th and now I'm freaking out. I went out to buy the vitamins, didn't find the right ones - didn't find the crystal light or diet snapple at costco - will search again tomorrow. We'll figure this out...
Kathy _.
on 5/29/04 1:45 pm - Carrollton, GA
My surgery is scheduled for June 4. I need to know what specific vitamins, protein supplements (?) and groceries to buy. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
Diane G.
on 5/30/04 12:14 pm - Dacula, GA
My doc said to buy the Flintstones chewable w/ iron, two a day and a viactiv calcuim supplement, or tums w. calcium 1-2- a day as well, but you can not take them at the same time they have to be spread out more that an hour apart. They compete for absorbtion. I hope that helps. What hospital will you be at? Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views