totally freakin out

s S.
on 5/27/04 4:16 am - latham, NY
hi ya all.. well the day is almost here.. 4 days to go. i am scared, oh god help me i dont know what i am gonna do. i been having dreams about surgery for last couple days. i am such a coward , 23 years old, never had any surgeries before. any JUNE 1sters out there??? i aint scared of dying or anything, its just the pain and that once i get it done.. its a life long thing. there will be no going back. also the chances of complications. i just hope i am doing the right thing. tell me i am . hugs ss
windawo
on 5/27/04 4:51 am - Sidney, mt
Dont give up now!! You are almost there.. I know the scary feeling, I have had to many surgurys.. u r young, and u wont fail.. think positive..
beth5777
on 5/27/04 5:19 am - Sylvania, OH
Hey hon, I'm only 2 days behind you, but in the same boat. My surgery is June 3 - I'm 27 and NEVER had any surgeries before. I'm like you - not afraid of dying, but just very nervous about the pain and everything afterwards... and that's it's LIFETIME! But I know I'm doing the right thing, and I know that I can do this. My mom had this done 4 weeks ago, and she is doing great now. You have to remember that the first few weeks are not really fun, but you'll LOVE seeing your body shrink! I'll be praying for ya. You're doing the right thing! Beth
krystaleyes_1999
on 5/27/04 7:49 am - Ft Leavenworth, KS
Hi SS, I am also 23 but i have had a Csection and adnoidectomy(adnoids removed). But i am the one scared to death of dieing. I have a 2 yr old little boy that is my life and i cant not even bare the thought of leaving him without a mommie. I get upset and tearfull just thinking about it. In the last couple of weeks i have been an emotional rollercoaster. and my surgery is not till June 30th! lol but i pray about it everyday and i am hopeing everything will turn out just fine and i will be around a very long time to see my lil one and my hopefully futrure lil ones to grow up in to wonderful adults and have children of there own. I luckly have a wonderful husband( married for 6 years) who is completly supportive and holding me together.And of course the wonderful people on these boards who could nt understand and better because they are right here in the same boat. So just know when you need to vent or cry out a letter we are hear to listen and know you are in my prayers and everythig will turn out just fine. Here is to zapping away those pounds ~Amanda
Lindsay J.
on 5/27/04 1:36 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi, I am in the same boat as you are. I am 19 and having surgery this month also. I really don't have anyone to talk to who can really understand what it is I am about to go through but, I just keep thinking about the outcome. Sure we are young and this decision is going to be with us for the rest of our life, but atleast we didn't wait until we are old and wasted so many years wanting to thin. We can start now and have the rest of our lives to look forward to. Good Luck! Lindsay
Kim S.
on 5/27/04 11:15 pm - Columbus, IN
You had the same chance's of dieing in the other surgery's, they have to tell you the risk's of surgery and then you need to sign a statment, saying you know the risk's. ( a poem for you) The Woman in the Glass http://www.storybin.com/words/words125.shtm When you get what you want as your struggle for self And the world makes you queen for a day, Just go to the mirror and look at yourself, And see what that woman has to say. For it isn't your father or mother or husband Who's judgment upon you must pass; The person whose verdict counts most in your life Is the one staring back from the glass. She's the person to please, never mind all the rest, For she's with you clear up to the end. And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test If the woman in the glass if your friend. You may fool the whole world down the pathway of life, And get pats on your back as you pass. But your final reward will be heartache and tears If you've cheated the woman in the glass.
Melissa S
on 5/27/04 11:52 pm - Cool Ridge, WV
I am scared of dying not of pain.....
VENUS D.
on 5/28/04 4:56 am - SAINT PAUL, MN
Hey Dear! We're all behind you and with you ALL THE WAY!!! I'm sheduled for 6/2 one day after you. Just have faith, you'll be okay and you'll be on the road to a healthier life! You're doing the right thing for yourself. I've been waking up in the middle of the night too but, I KNOW it's just excitement and a bit of nerves. We're here for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Venus
sistagirl4ya
on 5/28/04 7:22 am - DAYTONA BEACH, FL
Hi SS, We'll be taking this journey together on the same day! I'm counting down like a kid waiting for Christmas! Just know that we're fortunate to be given this tool to help us win this battle with obesity. I've gone through the emotional rollercoaster and now i'm feeling sane and overly calm! I'm just waiting for Tuesday to get here so I can begin my rebirth to the LOSER side! My advice is to stay focused, motivated and encouraged! After Tuesday, there's no turning back! This WLS community is awesome and full of much needed support! I think talking to people on here have helped ease my fears! Much success to you SS in your journey. Big Hugs and prayers for you, Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views