WHAT TO DO TO PREPARE FOR SURGERY

Brett
on 5/26/04 11:04 am - Paradise, CA
Oops... I forgot to give you my e-mail: [email protected] Please send me a list too. --Brett!
Tasha M.
on 5/24/04 1:30 pm - Colonial Heights, va
Linda, I'm sure that every doctor and every hospital are different but here is what I was told by my doctor. Before surgery start taking your vitamins twice a day. Either Flintstones complete or a regular non chewable complete with iron. If you opt for the latter, it needs to be a small pill. Apparently many of the store brand vitamins are much smaller than say One a Day. You also need Vit A & D and B12 daily. Use your incentive speromiter 4X a day or if you don't have one I've heard that blowing up ballons works well to get your lungs in good shape. Get at least some exercise daily. 3-4 days before surgery start a lite diet of mostly carbs. No meat or cheese. This helps clean out your system before surgery. You need to have 2 weeks worth of CIB or whatever protein drink you want to use on hand. You also need plenty of sugar free drinks such as water, crystal lite, skim milk, etc.. My doctor lets us have SF pudding, SF popcicles (she said have lots of these in your freezer) of course SF Jello and my fave low fat cottage cheese (only after you are tolerating other liquids). You can also puree Healthy Choice Chicken and Rice soup. To take to the hospital she said you really only need socks, slippers, clothes to wear home, shampoo, hair brush, pony tail holder, tooth brush, tooth paste, and deoderant. I'm bringing my lap top (maybe) and some reading material. Oh and chap stick, SF mints and breath spray. hth, Tasha
Junebug 2.
on 5/24/04 11:28 pm - Mooresville, NC
Hi my date is June 22 and I would love to have that list also! sorry i didnt have any hints for you but I'm in the same boat at the moment ~smiles~. [email protected] Thanks so much! Good luck! Melynne (Lynn)
jadenzmom
on 5/25/04 12:29 am - Akron, OH
I would love the same thing. Any hints or tips. My surgery is June 29th. I'm starting to prepare now. Getting my vitamins and supplements now. That list would be awesome. [email protected] I'll be thinking of you, Linda! Love, Angie
Sherry S.
on 5/25/04 1:05 am - Buna, TX
My surgery date is June 8th and I would love to have that list as well. Thanks, Sherry
Linda M.
on 5/25/04 9:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good Luck on your surgery. I need your email address to send a copy of the list to you. I will say a prayer for you. Your Friend, Linda
Heather L.
on 5/25/04 1:09 pm - Atoka, TN
Could I also have a copy? My surgery date is June 1. THanks, Heather
Linda M.
on 5/25/04 9:14 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Sherry good luck with your surgery, I will be praying for you. If you send me your email address I will forward yuo the list. Take Care and God Bless. Your Friend, Linda
Helen T.
on 5/25/04 1:21 am - Hamilton, MO
Hey don't forget me.My date is 6-15. Please I'd like the list too. [email protected] Hugs Helen
Brett
on 5/26/04 11:13 am - Paradise, CA
I also heard that having a pillow to hold against your tummy afterword is essential. In fact, the lady I talked to said that she actually recommends an elastic girdle or some such to hold it in place. She said that it felt like her fat tummy was constantly pulling at her insicions. --Brett! BMI 46, 353 lbs., scheduled for 6/22/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views