WHAT TO DO TO PREPARE FOR SURGERY

Linda M.
on 5/23/04 9:44 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I would appreciate any help I can get on what I should do to prepare for this surgery. What should I take to the hospital with me, what should I have at home for when I return. An itemized list or something of that nature would be really helpful. Any suggestions please e-mail me. Thank you so much. Linda
k29acosta
on 5/24/04 12:24 am - roseburg, OR
hey send me your e-mail address and I will send you the list someone sent me my address is [email protected]
JackieF
on 5/24/04 12:10 pm - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Kimberly, Would it be ok if you send me a copy of the e-mail also? My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thank you, Jackie
constance R.
on 5/24/04 12:21 pm - moncks corner, SC
HI KIMBERLY COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF THE LIST ALSO....I HAVE 11 DAYS TO GO......THANKS
Linda M.
on 5/25/04 9:12 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good Luck on your surgery, if you send me your email address I will forward a copy of the list to you. Your Friend, Linda
Nancy B.
on 5/24/04 2:10 pm - Savannah, GA
Hi to all, I could really use that list also. If you get a chance, could you forward it to me? Thanks, Nancy [email protected]
Kelly_D
on 5/24/04 11:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kimberly, Can you send me the list also? I'm scheduled for 6/7/04 and need all the help I can get. Thanks a bunch. My e-mail address is [email protected] Kelly
k29acosta
on 5/25/04 1:29 pm - roseburg, OR
I have had so many people request this and I do not want to miss anyone so I decided to post the list that someone else was nice enough to send to me TAKE TO THE HOSPTIAL: A roomy bath robe slip on slippers (so you won't need to bend over) small fan (especially if you're hot natured) loose fitting clothes or dress to wear home (can be same thing you wear to the hospital) Maxipads (some women start their period after surgery) Chapstick (heard this was a big must) Hairbrush, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Lotion Baby wipes Tongs (to help reach with wipes places you might not be able to reach) Antibacterial hand gel CD player for relaxation and to block out noise Magazines or books Absolute Necessities: slip on slippers and chapsticks GROCERIES TO HAVE ON HAND POST-OP clear broth or bouillon (beef and/or chicken) crystal lite sugar free carnation instant breakfast cream of wheat, malt o meal sugar free popsicles and fudgesicles sugar free jello cottage cheese (low fat or nonfat) eggs (any style) tofu and make sure you have a good thermometer at home (a fever can indicate complications) this was the list as sent to me hope this helps and remember as far as the groceries go make sure they are approved by your dietician for post-op and god bless
Barbara M.
on 5/25/04 1:30 pm - Darrouzett, TX
I would love to have a list also. My surgery date is June 2nd. My e-mail address is [email protected] Thank you so much for your help!!!!! Barbara
Brett
on 5/26/04 11:02 am - Paradise, CA
Please send me a list too. I am scheduled for 6/22/04 in Chico, California. --Brett!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views