Family Support???!!!

carrie42
on 5/24/04 4:52 am - Inwood, WV
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My husband and his family have been very supportive of my decision for WLS. My mother and sister also know about it and are supporting me in their own little ways. I have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 2, and my sister is gonna take them for a week after my surgery so I'll have some time to heal. Debbie's right, there comes a time in everyone's life where you have to do something for yourself. Especially if it's something as life-saving as this surgery. Good luck all! Carrie
Therisa M.
on 5/24/04 11:22 am - Austin, TX
Hi Mary, In agreement with Debbie. This is for YOU, good health, and improved quality of life. Hang in there! Therisa
Nancy B.
on 5/24/04 2:22 pm - Savannah, GA
Mary, just feel good knowing you are making a good choice for your future and your health. I think many family members may not seem supportive, but it is more about them being scared than not wanting you to have the surgery. Also, keep in mind that our weight may be a source of comfort to our partners. It may make them feel insecure to know that soon the weight will be coming off, and others may take a new interest in you. I would imagine this can be a rough time for even the best relationships. Best wishes...just hang in there Nancy
KATHRYN G.
on 5/24/04 6:32 pm - CENTEREACH, NY
Time is getting near for you! Be the wind beneath your own wings!! I have a partner that is fluctuating daily! One day it's great that I'm "gonna get skinny" and the next it's " if you don't come out of this OK I don't know what I'll do"! I too wish (and need) that support from friends and family but am not getting enough of it. I feel like I must build a wall around myself to nurture and protect myself against everyone that doesn't feel comfortable with my decision . Which is so ironic cause all I my life I felt like my fat was a wall!! Anyway; I have come to depend on myself and have been learning to reach out to people that can "hear " me when I'm in need. It looks like you've been able to do that too! I usually read my mail every night so if you want to keep writing I'll keep writing back cause...you ain't alone sister!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views