i'm so scared now...

paulette C.
on 5/21/04 4:26 am - bridgeport, CT
wow, i thought i would feel different once i got a date...i go in on june 16 to change my life and i can do nothing but cry...what is going to happen if something goes wrong and my two precious children are left without their mom? Does this doubt mean i should cancel or is this normal?
Rebecca Searles
on 5/21/04 5:25 am - Troy, NY
I know how you feel. I also have a date of 6/22 and have 3 small children. I am also very scared. But I keep thinking how much better I will be for them if all goes well. I will be able to do all the wonderful activities that a normal thiner mom can do. So I would say It is normal what you are feeling
Shannon J.
on 5/21/04 12:34 pm - Lyons, il
My date is June 8th and I feel the same. My husband keeps telling me he is nervous and he would not be able to live without me and I also have 3 kids. I too keep thinking about the thin person i am going to become and I keep thinking about all the fun things I am going to be able to do with my kids. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!! Shannon
ljks1950
on 5/21/04 1:02 pm - Fayetteville, GA
Gee Paulette, I feel the same way. This morning right before I went to work they called me and told me my date would be June 8th, pre-op 05-27-04, anethesia doctor, 06-28. Like BAM! I am raising my grandbaby who is 7 y/o and I worry about what will happen if I don't return. Don't cancel...I won't. I will let you know how I came out. You are the 1st person I have written.
Lpaekc
on 5/21/04 3:53 pm - Montague, MI
It is normal. I just wrote letters to my family in case I don't make it. I made out my Will and a letter of instructions on how to pay the bills and how to clean the house, kind of check lists for them to refer to so they don't have to figure it out all on their own. Do I think they will need them NOPE I think I'll be here to keep everything going but better safe than sorry. We could put the surgery off another year and gamble on if we get high blood presure or have a heart attact and then try to have the surgery making it even more risky? naaaa I'm sticking to it. I know being scared is normal and wondering what the hell I did for the first month after. I can tuff this out. I want my life and my family's quality of life to be better and safer for LONGER! Hope that helped. Patti in Michigan
Roe B.
on 5/21/04 4:18 pm - Twin Falls, ID
I know how you are feeling. I wonder if I should cancel. But, then I think NO this is for me and my family. I need to do this so I will be around a lot longer. Have faith we can all do this.
catly
on 5/22/04 5:04 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I couldn't wait until I finally got my date. It took several months. Then when I was told my stomach did a flip-flop and I went into morbid thing about fear of dying and have wasted a lot of energy doing that, because however it turns out, my weirding out now will not change the outcome. I keep telling myself that, but I have gotten teary, too, about whether I'll ever see my 23-year-old daughter again who is 2000 miles away; and my husband and my 4 cats--will the sweet kitties be okay if I don't make it??? And then I think, but I don't need to worry about that because I will still be here. Yes, it is normal to get scared and sad and angry and all kinds of stuff, just try as hard as you can to work through it. Hope that helps. LM
Nancy B.
on 5/24/04 2:33 pm - Savannah, GA
Hi Paulette, I also understand what you are going thru. It makes me feel better to know others also feel this way, and we are not just crazy. I kept thinking I would feel so great once I got a date, but when it happened, it suddenly became very real. I had a good cry on my way to school tonight...my date is June 4th. I am just going to put my trust in God and believe that what is ment to be will be. Sometimes it helps me to look at the before and after pics...everyone seems so happy with the new person they have become. They are my inspiration. God bless and good luck to all with June dates. You will be in my prayers!! Nancy
cfj
on 5/25/04 3:02 am - NY
Oh God...me too. I just got a date yesterday and I wasn't jumping for joy...instead I find myself scared and anxious. My surgery is not until June 21st....I'll probably freak out long before that. Thanks for being honest about being afraid....it opened a way for me to vent my feelings. I was feeling guilty because I wasn't jumping for joy. I mean I do want the surgery but I can't deny my fears and /or this feeling of sadness at giving up a lifestyle that has been with me for so long. Love, Carol
valerie Q.
on 5/25/04 4:21 am - philadelphia, PA
HEY, CHILL OUT ON THAT THATS WHERE I WAS TOO, TRYING TO FIND A WIFE FOR MY HUSBAND PAY ALL THE BILLS OFF,BUT THERE IS AN out there for you and over you. you know i am starting to belive that god envented this thing for poeple like youself and me to give us a new leafe on life for the good that we have done in poeples life and the goos things he still has for us to yet do like. make some crule man crawl under so stop talking crazy give it you best shoot and GOD BLESS
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views