June 7th and Scared

Roe B.
on 5/20/04 11:32 am - Twin Falls, ID
I have a date and I am scared to death. I haven't been this nervous since kindergarden. I really know everything will be fine, but ohhhh I just wish I could stop eating. The closer it gets the more I eat. Good Luck to all of us.
bubbleboo K.
on 5/20/04 1:53 pm - anywhere, OK
I know what you mean. I am scared and excited at the same time. For the past few days I have been more hungry than ever. I think it is just a head trick I am playing on myself. I just can't wait for June 11th. Good luck!!
Faye O.
on 5/20/04 2:33 pm - Middleport, OH
Hi There! My surgery date is also June 7th. I've been pretty calm so far, but the closer it gets I get more excited about it. I just try to visualize the "new me", and i've talked with people that are post-op, so that seems to help. I haven't been overeating, just eating the things I enjoy and trying to hold the portions down. Just keep your chin up and pray for the best. I'm sure you'll do fine. Best of luck to you, and see you on the "thin side".
Helen G.
on 5/21/04 12:16 am - Crestview, FL
June 8th and counting the days. I'm 62 and have been battling the weight all my life. I've been on a zillion diets. I've gained 20 pounds since I saw the doctor. Nurse told me not to diet, but I'm afraid I'll explode.
Kathy S.
on 5/21/04 8:43 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Hello I am scheduled for June 9 and I am scared. I meet with my doctor June 1 to discuss my test results. I had all the test and I hope everything works out ok. Good luck to everyone who is having it done before me. Take care Kathy
Debbie K.
on 5/21/04 3:12 pm - Beech Island, SC
Hey Roe, I'm having surgery 6/1 & also scared, but very excited too !!!!!!!! Will be sooooo glad when it's over. Email me & I'll fill you in. Should be home by 6/4. My prayers are with you & everyone going through this life changing procedure. Let's keep in touch & compare our "stories", want to? Debbie Kuglar
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/04 9:23 am - Vancouver, WA
Me too!!! I'm June 7th too...it seems like I want to eat, eat, eat! My nerves are shot just thinking about all the changes and that alone makes me want to eat, then when I think of all the foods I so dearly love and will so dearly miss, it makes me want to eat them too! I think the "count-down" is the worst part of it all. So I REALLY try to just put it all out of my head, which works all of five minutes...lol! My prayers are with you and with everyone here.
Lisa_Lips
on 5/22/04 1:29 pm - Enloe, TX
Mine is also June 7th and I have "last meal" syndrome it seems. Im not scared but I am very anxious. I try not to think about the actual surgery though. I started to think about it and it kinda made me ill so now I just dwell on how great I will look!
Sharon B.
on 5/22/04 3:15 pm - Toms River, NJ
I know what you mean. My date is June 1st and I think I gained 6 lbs. in the last 2 weeks. It's like I have to get all the cravings out of my system. If I want it I'm eattng it.LOL. Scared, Yes I am but I'm trying to go with the flow of emotions and keep reaffirming that they are normal. We should have a focal point before Surgery like when giving childbirth. I'm going to think of some songs and sing them to myself so I have good thoughts right before surgery. One special commercial I am using as a focal is the Great Adventure One where the old man gets off the bus & starts to dance. I can't contain myself. I just start to laugh. Good luck I should be home by June 4th . I'll let you know if my tricks worked!!!! God Speed with your surgery & let us all have an uneventful one.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views