I'm so discouraged

carrie42
on 5/18/04 2:11 am - Inwood, WV
My insurance company is giving me the run around. I knew they would do this. I was told that if my primary care doctor wrote me a letter of medical necessity that I wouldn't have to do the 6 month diet. Now, a little more than a month away from my date they're saying that I DO need the 6 month diet. I hate this. I guess I'm gonna have to go to war with them. Wish me luck! Carrie
Corinne F.
on 5/18/04 6:33 am - Deptford, NJ
Don't be discouraged. Stay positive and keep focused. You will get this done!
tandy B.
on 5/18/04 9:11 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Carrie, don't give up, girl! I was told the same thing from my insurance company in february , so i started going to see my pcp every month so he could track my weight and try to talk me out of it, so when april came around i got a call from my doctor for the surgery, the nurse told me i was approved when the insurance told me i had to wait the six months before they would consider it, i guess it was a miracle that they approved me when i hadn't finished my 6 months, so never give up or give in just do what they say and it will work out for the best in the end. Good luc****ep your head up
Cindy B.
on 5/20/04 5:33 am - Glendale, AZ
Yes, insurance co.s sure know how to knock the wind from your sails. Be strong and let your PCP and anyone else who can help. If you can show you've been to Weigh****chers, or any other kind of plan, it will help. Maybe your PCP didn't put all the right stuff in the letter. Ask for another. You will be fine. I'm finally approved and set. Take care and god bless Cindy
Jennifer G.
on 5/20/04 7:48 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi Carrie! Don't be discouraged, sweetheart. Although I was approved on my first try, it has taken about 2 years all together just to get to where I am (my date is June 8th.)...but 2 years?! Everytime I thought I was done with one thing, they brought up something else. You hang in there and keep smiling! It'll all go through for you. Biggest Hugs & Kisses, Jennifer Garner
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views