Now I'm scheduled and nervous

SSH
on 5/9/04 12:15 am - Fulton, NY
Hi out there - I finally got a date, June 23rd, and now my head is spinning. It seems unreal - it's finally going to happen. I'm finding myself getting very nervous. I've never had surgery of any sort and it's scary. I try to remember that what really drove me to this surgery in the first place was being so afraid of the health consequences of obesity as I'm aging and the desire to improve my health so I'll be around and able to get around for my children and new granddaughter. I guess I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other until the date arrives and follow through. I could use some words of encouragement though. Thanks - Sara
Kathryn L.
on 5/9/04 4:55 am - Kingwood, TX
I know how you feel. I will be 50 in November and wish I had considered this option years ago. My surgery is June 1st and I can hardly wait although I am quite nervous. Because my insurance will not cover the procedure I am traveling to Spain which brings up a whole bunch of other concerns. In addition my son is having the same surgery (Duodenal Swith) on May 31st with me in Spain. I am more worried about him than I am for myself He weighs 520lbs. Please e-mail me and let me know how you are doing. We can support each other. I will keep you in my prayers and pray for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery Kathryn
Angela G.
on 5/9/04 12:36 pm - Campobello, sc
Hi, Sara we have the same surgery date!! I am having the LAP RNY with Dr.Givens and DR.Strickland on June 23 in Columbia SC. I am very excited I haven't gotten nervous yet. AS long as I get evrything worked out with my 2 kids being taken care of while I am in the hospital I will be fine. I am more worried about how they will react with their mommy having surgery more than anything. They are ages 8 and 4 and they really dont understand why I am having this done. Bless their hearts they are so sweet they say I am fine just like I am. Keep me posted and we can keep each other calm, cool, and collective until our surgey date arrives. Angela in SC
SSH
on 5/10/04 11:41 am - Fulton, NY
Angela - thanks for the message. I'll be thinking about you as our date nears. It's a struggle to do this type of thing and arrange for child care. I do hope it works out well for you so you don't have to worry about it before surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views