Oh boy.... June 1st is my big day !!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/04 12:43 pm - Middleboro, MA
I have been waiting for this for soooo long, and it is finally around the corner !! I can't wait to start feeling better and get off all the meds. I am on >>> It is scary to think my kidneys or liver will give out on me... Frankly, I don't know why it hasn't happened already.. My kidneys gave out once and then went back to normal, but I feel like I'm on borrowed time as far as that goes.. I take about 27 pills a day and in addition to that, I have an infection and I am taking an additional 8 pills on top of all the rest !! Enough is enough !!!
Janina M.
on 5/8/04 1:46 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
Hi Joanne, I am a new member of this website, and jut wanted too congraduate you! I will be keeping you in my prayer's. I am scheduled for June 9th . I am haveing lap RNY. I am excited too. Hang in there,it is
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/04 8:19 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Janinna, Thanks for your well wishes, I will be having the lap-RNY unless I still have a stomach bacteria.. When I get tested again, if it is still present, however I will do the lap-band proceedure... I can't possibly wait or put myself thru any more waiting on the calendar, June 1st. has to be "IT" for me !! Keep in touch and that's great that your waiting is almost over too !! We are so lucky to be able to have this "new lease on life" !!!
Janina M.
on 5/10/04 11:36 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Joanne, hey that is great! You'll be fine, I will deffinently pray for you now that all is well. It is nice to hear from someone, and know that they really care, and want too keep in touch. Let me know how you are, and feel free to email me any time. By the way I just got my packet of information from the hospital, I just can't believe my new life is just around the corner. Take care Joanne, and keep in touch girl! Bye Janina
Kathryn L.
on 5/9/04 4:46 am - Kingwood, TX
I too am having surgery on June 1st. I am nervous but just wi**** would just hurry up and get here. I want to get this part over with. May God bless you with an unevetful surgery and a speedy recovery! Kathryn
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/04 8:52 am - Middleboro, MA
Oh Kathryn, thank you so much for your e-mail... Please don't feel foolish... I have been talking to my team of Dr's in Boston at Beth Israel and they firmly believe there are many causes for our problem... I'm sure you are very well versed on the subject, yourself ! When I was in high school ( ah hum! ), I had to fast 1-2 days a week to maintain 145-150 lbs.. I have been struggling since I was 10 yrs. old with diets.. Fifty years of that is enough, AMEN !! I'm a little nervous because of my age, but I've been told I'm a good candidate for surgery and not to worry... So, I have placed myself in higher hands and trust my Dr's. to do the very best they can for me... And I know they will, I can't live like this anymore either. I got on an airplane to fly to Fla. to stay at a winter home that we have down there and I couldn't buckle my strap. I was mortified !! I was too embarrassed to ask for an extension, so I bluffed it by holding the strap in my hand !! God Bless you and your son, I will pray for both of you, I'm sure that the both of you will be fine... What kind of surgery are you having ?? I opted for the Lap-RNY, but if the bacteria is still present in my stomach, I will have the Lap-Band proceedure, I can't put my life on "hold" any longer... I'm ready, this whole process started last Sept.. So, take care and keep me posted on the both of you... We will be able to compare notes, isn't that great !!
Kathryn L.
on 5/10/04 12:38 am - Kingwood, TX
Thank you too for your well wishes. It is certainly an exciting time. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views