got a date

s S.
on 5/6/04 12:41 am - latham, NY
finally.. i got a date... june 1st. i have such mixed feelings.. i dont know if i am happy or scared.. god i hope i am making the right decision...would appreciate some words of encouragement.
silvasurfas
on 5/6/04 6:30 am - Ypsilanti, MI
i feel the same way. my date is june 2nd and after wanting this for so long, i'm so scared! but we both know it's for the best and will improve so much about our health and our lives. you have to remember that!
SSH
on 5/9/04 2:36 am - Fulton, NY
I can identify completely. I suddenly, when confronted with the fact that I'm actually going to have the surgery (June 23rd), wondering if I am crazy for going through with it. I know it seems rediculous after all I've gone through to get to this point. I have a lifetime of obesity to look back on and a life of being more physically active ahead of me, but still, I am feeling anxious. Perhaps some of it is because I've never had surgery before. I've spent years dealing with issues of dread over my physical condition and the medical problems that have surfaced as I've gotten older. You would think I'd be so gung ho about surgery and yet I'm feeling very anxious. I guess this is normal. Probably the best idea is for us to be supportive of each other and remind ourselves and each other why we're in this whole process to begin with. We need to be strong.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views