shopping list

Nancy B.
on 4/30/04 11:55 am - Savannah, GA
looking for anyone with info on what items to have at home following surgery. I am having a hard time trying to see my nutritionist prior to my surgery(that sure is a switch lol) Also, suggestions on what may be good to take to the hospital. I am having RNY open, so I wil be there for about 5 days. Thanks!
krystaleyes_1999
on 4/30/04 5:14 pm - Ft Leavenworth, KS
Oohh yes good idea . I really need to know what all to take. a good idea would be to post on the boards where people have already had the surgery. ~Amanda
Janina M.
on 5/8/04 1:59 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
Hi Amanda, my surgery is june 9th. I was on the main message board, and a list of thing's too take to the hospital was there. Here is what was suggested: chap stick, roomy bath robe, slip on slipper's, personnel fan, a pillow, back scratcher, walkman, book's, loose cloth's to wear home, tooth brush, tooth paste, lotion, baby wipe's, anti-bacterial hand gel, pad's( because you can start cycle after), and another sick suggestion, was tong's, for using baby wipe's in hard to reach area's. I think I will deal with that problem when it come's.lol Good luck too you. Bye , janina
steph40928
on 4/30/04 11:35 pm - Flushing, OH
I'm sure Sharon won't mind me giving out her web page. She has so much on her's that I've put it in my favorites and check it out whenever I have questions. She's really done her homework... I'm sure this will be the only place you need to go!!! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=N1017180811&NoStatic=1 Sharon is a great lady, and I can't tell you how much her sight has ment to me!!! Good luck, and God Bless
Nancy B.
on 5/2/04 4:50 am - Savannah, GA
Thank you so much for Sharon's web page. It is a great site!! I have included it in my favorites also. For anyone else out there who is preparing for surgery I encourage you to check it out also...lots of good info. Thanks again, and God bless. Nancy T.
k29acosta
on 5/4/04 12:01 pm - roseburg, OR
not sure what all to take but one thing everyone told me to take was "chapstick" they said it was the most important........ so guess take some chapstick I am packing two.......lol
Nancy B.
on 5/4/04 12:57 pm - Savannah, GA
Thanks Kimberly...check out the web site mentioned above for Sharon. Its got GREAT info. Good luck!!
DramaQueenJessica
on 5/6/04 10:33 pm - Wayland, MA
Chapstick, a fan, rubber bottomed slippers. A hair clip or scrunchi. Lotion, anestesia will make everyone awfully dry. A comb or a brush, toothbrush.
Bunnygal
on 5/8/04 6:28 am - bloomington, IL
I would make sure you have your own pillow. I haven't been banded yet, but I know that I can't stand being without my pillow at the hospital.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views