Why does the Emotional Roller Coaster Stink???

Thomas H.
on 4/23/04 3:19 am - Tucson, AZ
This emotional roller coaster is for the birds. One minute I am Happy, then the next minute I am on edge, then I might even be sick to my stomach the next. At times I am even scared of what I am doing, It is difficult juggling all of the emotions. Most of the time I am jumping for joy but there are times that I am mad at the whole world. Sometimes I even feel as my head is just spinning in place, there are times that I have to fight just to keep myself from going to bed and going to sleep. I am even at times ready to make a deal with the Devil to get off this roller coaster. But the Devil doesn't want to look me in eyes, for fear of the ROLLER COASTER. If anyone has any ideas on how to Help me with this PLEASE let me know. Thanks Tom
Connie H.
on 4/23/04 4:05 am - Prospect Heights, IL
Thomas, I can identify!! I also am having surgery on June 2nd. I don't know whether I am happy, scared, nervous, etc. I'm sure it will get worse before the actual date. Many people on the message boards say if your nerves get too bad before to go to your primary physician and get sleeping pills prior. Hopefuly, I won't need to but it is an option.
revgail
on 4/23/04 5:34 am
Tom, my new friend! One important thing to remember is, unfortunately, the roller coaster is what is called "life". If we only experienced postitive events and feelings we wouldn't know how great they are because we wouldn't have the negative events and feelings to compare them with. My husband and I often remark about our life together being a roller coaster but one we really don't want to get off. Above all else please don't make that deal with the devil! The only thing it will get you in the end is constant negativity. Tom, you have been doing very well. You are making such wonderful progress in creating your new lifestyle. A lifestyle that will let you be around a whole lot longer than your old one. You should be smiling. I realize you are going through some difficult times emotionally but try to remember "you are not alone". The people whose lives you have touched in your journey are with you and above all God is with you even in the worst of times. Think about the postitives; the weight you've lost since January, the new Cruiser, the new strength to walk around the complex, and the new friends you've met through your sharing. We are here for you as friends and support. Hang in there my friend. May you feel the blessing you are to other people. Gail
Thomas H.
on 4/23/04 5:47 am - Tucson, AZ
Gail, Thanks for everything you kind of made me look at things another way. Don't worry I am NOT going to make the deal with the devil. I have waited all my life to be thin and NOTHING is going to stop me now. God Bless Tom
Debbie B.
on 4/26/04 3:16 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Tom Boy did you do an excellent job of spelling that out! I'm mostly happy, but there are those times where I feel like I'm juggling the fears, happiness, etc. My husband is supportive, but he feels like I don't think we have a good life now. He doesn't understand that it is not that we don't have a good life, it's that it is going to be so much better once the weight comes off Then we'll be able to sing, and all night long! Debbie
KatinPBCA
on 4/24/04 12:14 am - Pismo Beach, CA
I love the way you did this.We all know about the emotional rollercoaster. I'm going to be having surgery in June.It will be 11 months since I started with everything. Still have to go to a Pre-op class but hey,it all is worth it. God Bless and Keep you surrounded by Angels Kathleen
Sheila N.
on 4/24/04 10:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thomas, I am new to the message board but I think many of us know how you feel about the emotions roller coaster. I started this journey in January 04 and I've felt so many different emotions ranging from: happy , confused , scared , or wondered if I am doing the right thing . But I put my faith in God and going through this process is meant for me to have a better quality of life. I pray for the same for you. I think its natural to feel as you do but I believe the closer you get to your surgery date, your emotions will come together and you will feel much better. Hang in there! We are all cheering you on! Sheila
Thomas H.
on 4/26/04 3:11 pm - Tucson, AZ
The last couple of days have been Pretty good. Most of my Roller Coaster has gone uphill. The sad thing is I know darn well it is going to come down with a crash . I got an email from a friend of mine that just ready my page and didn't realize everything that I had gone through. She was an she said some of the nicest things that any one could have said. I greatly cherish and appreciate her friendship. I think I might have her come over so I can fully explain everything to her, so she doesn't have to get all of the gossip from other people. Well I really appreciate EVERYONE'S kind words and Though I might not be able to reply to everyone, I want every one to know that my thoughts and prayers are with them all. God Bless Tom
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views