Just checking in!

revgail
on 4/20/04 1:26 am
How is everyone doing as we wait for our surgery date? (sorry about the pun) I have been using this time to break old habits and try desperately to make new good ones. I have been going to my dr's support group and participated in the chatroom and messageboard associated with it. I think I have even lost a few pounds in the process. So what about you? I would like to support you no matter where you are because I know the support I have really helps me. So let me know how you are doing so we can continue this journey together. Blessings to you, Gail RNY - 6/8/2004
Thomas H.
on 4/20/04 2:43 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gail, Keep up the good work. Just keep zapping the pounds away. I have been told that the more I can lose before surgery the better it will be for me as I am 417lbs as of this morning. Your support has been a huge help as well. I don't know about NY but here in AZ we have to take what is called the ABC's of bariatrics and that has helped a great deal. I just had my second class of 3 and will be posting some of the information on my web page for all to read. Take care and God Bless. Tom RNY - 6/2/2004
Ellen T.
on 4/20/04 11:36 pm - Port Norris, NJ
Gail, Hi, thanks for replying about dumping to my post, i was scared by that definition, yikes! breaking old habits is hard, and i thought i would be eating out of control knowing that in a couple of months i won't be able to do this anymore but i have been pretty good. i am trying to chew more, that's hard to remember. i still have to admit i will be having that "last meal" and i know that pizza will be on that menu. Ellen.
revgail
on 4/21/04 12:08 am
Ellen, I think I have good news for you! You can still have the pizza just not a lot of it. Think about what pizza is made of; the crust (ignore that), the toppings which are veggies and meats and cheese (proteins). You are to concentrate on proteins; so eat the top and ignore most of the crust. I may be wrong here but you can ask the nutritionist in your consult. I will ask mine on Monday when I see her and let you know the answer. Of course you will have to wait for your stomach to heal before trying to eat it! Have a great day! Gail RNY- 6/8/2004
Sheila N.
on 4/24/04 10:17 am - Chesapeake, VA
I am doing the same, trying to break bad habits before my surgery date (6/21/04). I have stopped drinking sodas (big weakness for me) and have cut back way back on sweets. I am walking more and have lost a few pounds. I am trying to prepare for the change, two weeks on liquids, two weeks on pureed foods, etc. I am excited and a bit nervous. I guess that is normal. Thank you for your support and I offer my support as well. I am gaining a little more confidence after listening to others who have already had their surgeries and are doing well. It is an encouraging thought to go through this journey together.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views