I've been APPROVED!!

Thomas H.
on 4/13/04 2:50 am - Tucson, AZ
Well I just got the call this morning and I have been approved for surgery with Dr. Juarez but they are going to resubmit everything so I can have Dr. Fang so my surgery will be in June instead of August. I am scheduled to have surgery on June 2nd. I am the second case that day. I have already set up my cardiac clearence and my pulminary clearenc and my pre-op lab work. I have just updated my page with all of this current information. Tom
Debbie B.
on 4/13/04 4:59 am - Norfolk, VA
Many congratulations Thomas. Isn't it exciting. You can join us June losers now. I am scheduled on June 2nd also. I still don't have any of my appointments set up yet, but I was told I have to wait for my hospital to call and schedule all that stuff for me. I'll just be glad when it's all over and we can all quit juggling work, home life and doctor's appointments. Know what I mean? I know it's certainly made my life nuts right now Debbie
carrie42
on 4/13/04 7:58 am - Inwood, WV
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait until I can post something similar to this. I'm sitting on pins and needles and biting my nails and every single other cliche you can think of. Carrie Surgery date: June 29
Thomas H.
on 4/13/04 9:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Yes I definatly know what you mean!! The whole ordeal has broken up my marriage as of Saturday. My wife said she thinks we need some time apart. She has been a help but get very stressed over the Dr. Bills, co-pays, trips to Phoenix from Tucson about once a week. She understands what I am going through but with her work and me not being able to work because of my size and other problems it is very stressfull for her. I told her that I will give her the space she needs, but to remember that I still Love her. It has been 3 1/2 days since she left and I have only talked to her one time this morning for about 2 minutes to let her know about the surgery. I would check with your Dr. and hospital about your appointments as mine wants everything ASAP. They want my pre-op blood work done in the beginning of May. I have found that you can't always wait around for them sometimes you have to push their buttons. Good luck and hope all goes well. Tom
Debbie B.
on 4/14/04 2:19 am - Norfolk, VA
Tom, I am so sorry to hear that your wife feels she needs space. Hopefully it will just be a temporary thing. My husband and I argued a lot until we found out the insurance would cover my surgery. It wasn't that he wasn't happy for me, he just didn't know where we would get the money. It's frustrating and unless they've been where we are with the weight and the health problems they often feel helpless and don't know how to respond. I called my doctor's office and they told me the hospital won't call until about a month before my surgery because all the tests have to be within 2 weeks of surgery. So I guess all I can do is wait. I've waited this long I guess a few more weeks won't hurt. Good luck on your surgery and I will keep you and your wife's relationship in my prayers and ask that God will soften her heart. Deb
Annette H.
on 4/14/04 1:58 am - Richmond, VA
Great to hear you have a date (my date is 6/2 also ) Sorry to hear your wife left. Hopefully she just needs some time to destress. I remember years ago when my husband was disabled by an accident it was very hard to keep everything together I had to do everything all by myself, including take care of him. We made it through just fine still together 37 years . I'll say a prayer for you and your wife. Hang in there. Annette
revgail
on 4/14/04 3:34 am
Congratulations on your date. I just finished reading your page and to you. I am sorry to hear about your wife but your attitude is great about it. The two of you will be in my prayers that God will help you work it out and ease the stress on you both. Blessings, Gail
skyla
on 4/18/04 2:53 pm - TOANO, VA
THOMAS CONGRAULATIONS ON YOUR DATE BEST WISHES AND GOD BLESS YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY TO THE LOSING SIDE. LEELEE
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views