Ok June losers

Tasha M.
on 4/11/04 1:10 pm - Colonial Heights, va
Hi Zandra! Nice to meet you. I always get the "you carry it so well" comments as well. I feel like saying, "ya, tell that to my back!" LOL I'll tell you what is driving me crazy right now is when people who are 20-30 pounds overweight tell me they know just how I feel. I "know" that they only mean well and are trying to be supportive but I also "know" that they have absolutely no idea what it is like to be morbidly obese. Ah well, hopefully soon I will have to remind myself just how miserable it was. ;) hugs, Tasha
Mary Jane B.
on 4/11/04 11:01 pm - Middle, MI
Good Idea!! Yes JUne is close!!! My name is Mary Jane. I live in the middle of Michigan. I am a high school special education teacher. I have a 25 year old daughter who is married and has a one year old daughter. Oh I love being a Grandma and I wasn't impressed with the title until she said "Nana"!! I also have a son who is 18 and is graduating on June 6th! School is over on June 4, giving a baby shower on June 5, son is graduating on the June 6, his birthday on the June 7, surgery on the June 8 at 7:30am!!!! I am hoping that I will have no time to worry!!!!
Tasha M.
on 4/14/04 12:27 pm - Colonial Heights, va
Wow Mary Jane, and I thought I had a busy pre-op schedule. LOL Tasha
Elizabeth H.
on 4/13/04 12:34 am - Taylors, SC
Hey!! My name is Elizabeth and I am 30 years old. We have 5 kids between the two of us (ages 1.5 yrs, 7, 8, 9, & 10). They are his, hers, and our baby is ours. They all live with us full-time and have very little contact with their other parents, so they are definitely a handful. I have been overweight all of my life. I am extremely anxious about this surgery!!! I'm scheduled for June 10th (which is my baby's bday). I would love to get to know all of you. Elizabeth
Tasha M.
on 4/14/04 12:32 pm - Colonial Heights, va
Hi Elizabeth! I am so in awe of you for raising 5 kids. It's all I can do to keep up with my terrible two. ;) Will you have plenty of help after surgery? My mom is flying in from CA to help me thank goodness. I know I will need it. hugs, Tasha
Connie H.
on 4/13/04 6:04 am - Prospect Heights, IL
Hi everyone, My date is 6/15. I realized today it is only two months away!! I'm excited but nervous also. I am a nurse in Illinois, with one child and single at the present time. I love to swim and do water aerobics, like to watercolor paint and knit, and hope to learn to play guitar this year. Swimming has been a godsend for me. It keeps me more limber (well, at least as limber as one can be with a BMI over 70). Good luck to you all-I hope bu this time next year we all will be living healthier lives with the potential to do so much more than we can now. Keep in touch!!
Tasha M.
on 4/14/04 12:36 pm - Colonial Heights, va
Hi Connie! I just realized today that I have exactly 7 weeks till my surgery. Time always flys for me so I know it's gonna sneak up on me before I even know what happened. Tasha
Annette H.
on 4/14/04 5:22 am - Richmond, VA
My name is Annette I'm from Texas, but I have lived in VA for 37 years. I met my husband here. I have two grown children and one granddaughter I keep her everyday. She keeps me going. I can't wait till I can play with her like she asks me to. It breaks my heart when she asks me to play in the sandbox with her and I can't. Hopefully next summer she will still want me to. Best of luck to you all. Annette
Jean G.
on 4/15/04 11:54 am - Clinton, IA
Hi to everyone! My name is Jean and I live in Eastern Iowa. I have been overweight since my early 20's. Of course I was up and down the scale many times and with each down came the up plus more. My surgery date is June 7th, (only 53 days to go). So far, this month is just flying by so I know June will be here before I know it. I have been thinking about all the things I can do to get ready for the surgery. Like getting rid of my winter coat that the zipper broke on, it was 'do I get a new zipper in it or do I get approved for surgery and not have to worry about it?' (smiles) I got approved. I get a new coat for next winter!!!!!! and when I go through my winter clothes, I really get to put them away this year. (more smiles) We do need to all get to know each other. This is a great idea!
Stacey F.
on 4/17/04 12:45 am - Carlisle, PA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 808 views