3 months out

ellencarlos
on 8/11/09 6:21 am - Brevard, NC
Its wonderful to hear from all of you.  I am not as down as I was--the Doctor and the nutritionist seemed to think I was right on target and doing great.  I must be losing all over my body, because I can't really tell that I have lost over 50 lbs in 3 months.  I am still wearing the same clothes, but they aren't leaving seam lines on my legs and torso now. 

Last night I did notice that I can fit in the chairs at the bridge game better, and the seatbelt in the car keeps creeping up past my waist (I used to be able to tuck it under my stomach and it would stay down).

I have walked every day since month 2.  I am up to a mile or so a day.  Everyday, I walk a little further--a few feet, at least--like to the next tree or fence post.  I plan to join a health club in our community sometime this week, so I have a plan for the winter. 

I really want this to work.  I worked very hard in the past on various diets, behavior modifications, therapy, support groups, etc. and it did not work on a permanent and well-rounded basis.  I want it all--physical health, emotional health, and spiritual health.  I have high hopes for using this tool successfully, and with the help of the professionals in my Drs. practice, the support of my family and friends, and with the sharing from all of you, I think I can make it.

Kelly S.
on 8/18/09 10:10 pm
Hi Mayers!  It's hard to believe that three months has come and gone for me.  I think it is such a personal experience and we all lose differently.  You will lose, you have to.  I am happy with my loss, but I started out a lot heavier than most at 360.  I am now where most of you began or more!  LOL

Just think, we'll be back here checking in and pretty soon we all be working on those last few pounds to get to goal, and some may be in maintenance, or some even trying to not lose anymore.

WE CAN DO IT!!

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1412 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1412 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1289 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1148 views