What's Wrong?

lillian34
on 7/6/09 6:56 am - Atlanta, GA
I have been really weak and tired lately, I'm not sure what it may be...maybe I should up all my supplements. This is what I'm taking on a daily basis:

2 600+D caltrate calcium
2 500 mcg B-12
8-16 oz of protein
1 centrum multivitamin
I push for 64 oz water but dont quite get it in...maybe 47oz

Lillian Milhouse

n2deep
on 7/6/09 7:05 am - XX
May have to check for dehydration.  I've been like that for the past week.  I've had a very busy schedule the last month and I don't think I''ve gotten in what I needed while doing the liquid diet....I have to sit down and catch my breath while expending little energy

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

iamfarfaraway
on 7/7/09 1:33 am - Charlotte, NC
This is just my suggestion, check with your NUT or Surgeon to verify.

I am taking 2 multi vitamins a day (normal does is one but because of our re-routed systems we are not the normal adult)
I noticed that your not taking any Iron that might help.  What is your total protein intake for the day?  My NUT says I need at least 70g so you might need to up that amount (if you go to some of the boards like the RNY they will say you should be at 80 to 100g per day

Just an FYI I also take
1 B12 Sublinqual 2500mcg per day
2 multi vitamins
3 Tender Iron (from vitalady.com) there chewable
1 vitamin C 500 
2500 Calcium Citrate not  carbonate\
5000 vitamin D3 (now I already knew before surgery I was low on Vitamin D) 

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 7/7/09 11:07 am, edited 7/7/09 11:07 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
You can only absorb 500 mg of calcium at a time and really should be getting around 2,000 mg a day. Also you should be taking 2 multi vite's a day. Are you taking a iron supplement?
There is a very knowledgeable lady (Andrea) on OH who can tell you exactly what you are supposed to be taking.Maybe post  this ? on the RNY forum and she will answer.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1143 views