Joining the gym...

hollyp83
on 6/29/09 12:31 am - Dover, NH
Hi,

I'm joining the gym today...actually, I joined on Friday but I'm doing my first workout today. All you May'ers out there, have you guys joined the gym or started a workout plan yet? I'm interested to know what you all started with and how it's going.

I haven't been working out as much as I should be. I was going for walks everyday when I first came home from the hospital but it's been raining for weeks in So. New Hampshire so I haven't been walking much at all. I'm a mixture of nervous and excited. The gym makes me nervous because I have bad memories of it...but I'm excited to think that this time could be so different. I could actually go and see results! I started a reward system for myself. If I got 5 times this week then I get a prize :) Wish me luck!

~H

wolfcalling
on 6/29/09 10:43 pm
I actually let my membership lapse in Feb in preparation for the surgery becasue I was initially told that I would not be able to utelize it much in the first few months, so why pay $50 a month for barely being able to go.  After 4 weeks I was bored of the treadmill and desperately wanted to go back to water aerobics.  I was cleared after 5 weeks for that and I have been going since then.  I go at least 3 days out of the week and work out lightly for 45 minutes ang then do the real intense aerobics for about an hour.  I already need a new suit! and the prize system is great!  When I quit smoking my prize was a Coach Purse.....and now I am a Coachaholic...

aphrael
on 6/30/09 2:50 am
I actually have had a gym membership for the past 2-3 years now.  I even had a personal trainer for a few months at a time durring that time as well.  I was working out typically 2-3 days a week. 

After surgery I was told nothing but walking for 8 weeks.  I am bord out of my mind with the treadmill, and I have that at home so I haven't been into the gym.  I want to try ou****er arobics I think I would enjoy that more, but another couple weeks before I can do that... sighs.  

I am sure my lack of intense activity is why my weightloss is so slow. 
hollyp83
on 6/30/09 6:58 am - Dover, NH

I got the same info from my surgeon, nothing besides walking for a while but it's just not enough. I figure, treadmills, eliptical machines and bikes aren't really that intense so I'm doing it! I will wait for two more weeks before I start with any weights because I don't want to risk anything with those. I've only been twice (yesterday and today) and it's been good so far. I have gone for about 45 each time.

I love the idea of the Coach bag reward system! One of my rewards is an expensive purse but that won't be for a while. I'm starting out smaller!

EOD WIFE
on 6/30/09 7:07 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I walk 2 miles 4-5 days a week.
I have the Wii Fit & the EA Sports Active, so I do the EA Sports 3-4 days a week, and use the Wii Fit off an on (mostly to weigh). I also have a treadmill & recumbant bike & some weights, so I change up my exercise routine often.

It's funny because I have access to 3 gyms on Ft Sill (hubby is in the Army) but I would rather do it in the privacy of my own home/room than go tot he GYM and deal with other people. Maybe farther out or if I had a GYM Buddy I would go to the gym.. But for now I am doing well on my own.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

hollyp83
on 6/30/09 11:29 am - Dover, NH
Yeah, the gym totally freaks me out and I love that I have a gym buddy. I think it will be easier to go alone now that I know I will actually see progress. Everytime I've been to the gym in the past I knew that I wasn't really going to see results so it was discouraging.

How is Wii Active? I really want to buy it but I have to buy a Wii first and I don't want to spend all that money yet. Do you feel like you get a good workout with it?
EOD WIFE
on 6/30/09 11:32 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
The Wii fit is ok, but the EA SPORTS ACTIVE for the Wii is amazing! It will work you out ! I am just using the beginner level and I can feel it! I cant wait to progress to the advanced levels. It tells you how many cal's you burn which is way cool.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

texandme
on 7/2/09 2:30 am
Holly-- I had my surgery a couple of days after you-- also at PRH.  I am going in next week to join the Works.  This rain is making it very tough to get any walking done outside!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1143 views