sucess

juicyprincess
on 6/24/09 3:18 am - Tacoma, WA

I have had nothing but nausea this whole time. first 2 weeks were hell. I eventually made a choice, i choose to let myself off the hook with the suppliments for a minute. Then i added them back a little (not as much as i was supposed to). but the protein shakes would not sit right, i would get nauseated, clammy, dizzy and need an immediate nap, then 30 minutes later, i would have awful diarrhea. I gave those up for a while and instead started eating tiny bits of cottage cheese, peanut butter etc. I would try the protein every few days and it would still be the same reaction. you can imagine this is not a good thing to have happen at work. Well for the first time, yesterday morning, it worked, it didnt make me sick! Now i didnt use the 4 oz water my surgeon wants, i used 8oz and it didnt go down in 20 minutes like he wants, it took about an hour. He claims the protein dies after 20 min, i say, something is better then nothing.

So today, i did it again and AGAIN SUCESS! I got my protein shake down today. i am going to try one at lunch time today too if that goes nicely, i will also have the 3rd one at home!

This couldnt come at a better time, my 6 wk appointment is tomorrow and i was so worried he was gonna yell at me! so then i will try and work my way back up to all those damn suppliments (8 chewable multivits, 2 ferrogel irons, 1 vit d capsule every other day, 4500mg calcium citrate daily)...

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
sheepla
on 6/24/09 3:36 am
goodness, why in the world do you need 8 chewable multi-vitamins a day?  That seems like a lot!  I'd never be able to manage that.  4500 mg calcium citrate is more than twice what I'm taking too!

SW-272, CW-219, GW-175
5'9"

EOD WIFE
on 6/24/09 4:47 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
That does sound like a lot on the vite's. I am not even sure I could take that much calc in a 24 hr period, because only 400-500 mg is absorbed at a time.

I also cant do proetin shakes, they make me puke or wanna puke. Sounds like you were dumping on them.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

juicyprincess
on 6/24/09 6:13 am - Tacoma, WA
that is what i thought too, couldnt figure out why though since no sugar and no fat (well trace). But since they went down for breakfast i am happy. i didnt have one for lunch, too chicken!

I totally agree its a lot of vitamins, which is why i dont feel bad taking less. The calcium makes me want to barf!!!! I tried to do as surgeon says but it was too much and made me super sick! too many pills for my body, i wanted to barf.

iamfarfaraway
on 6/24/09 6:58 am - Charlotte, NC
Wow, that is a lot of vitamins.  I take 2 chewable adult vitamins, 1 vitamin C (500g), B12 (2500g), 5 vitamin D (1000g each) My D level is low so that is why I take so many, 1600 Calcium citrate, (that is 8 pills) they are 400g for 2 pills.  I have not started taking my iron but I have it to start adding in also.

On the shakes are they mixed with milk if so it could be a reaction your having to milk and you can try to mix them with water.  I mix my shakes with 8 oz of water and if I add an extra scoop of protein it usually takes me 2 sittings to finish the whole thing because it is so much richer.  If I just make the regular shake I can usually fini**** in one sitting.

40 lbs lost pre-op

juicyprincess
on 6/25/09 1:39 am - Tacoma, WA
No, i use water...but it worked so gift horse mouth deal =)

S.A.R.A.
on 6/24/09 11:54 am - Tacoma, WA
 I am so happy that you finally got a shake down!!!

I also use 6-8oz water and I drink the shake until its gone... the 20 minute thing is bogus... Dr. S and Amy can stuff it. lol

FYI: Our doctor requires a tom on Vits on a daliy basis... for the most part he believes in excess vits post op so we dont fall short.

JP~ I do the best I can to get my shakes and Vits in every day but some days I miss something... I never worry about it and just start over the next morning.

Hope things are going better at work!

~Michelle
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

juicyprincess
on 6/25/09 1:41 am - Tacoma, WA
Right back at ya babe! I was just thinking of you yesterday when i felt like going postal =)
Thanks for the support and encouragement. Maybe we should take our job stress out on Amy...hehehe.
I have to go see her today (JOY,NOT)

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1416 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1419 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1296 views
132lbs gone!