Help I need best practices!!!!!

mgramos814
on 6/22/09 5:38 am - San Antonio, TX
Ok guys.....I realize how stupid this sounds but how in the world do you know when you feel full. I am almost a month post op but when I eat I don't know when to stop. (I do not eat a lot either) Every time I eat I obviously eat too much because I end up throwing up. How much are we suppose to eat? I am never hungry so I have to "remind" myself to eat. I am getting to the point where I am getting scared to eat. Ironic since that was totally opposite a few months ago

kmk4774
on 6/22/09 9:58 am - Pocono Summit, PA
I would measure my food before eating it.  Are you putting your fork/spoon down?  I know that it is taking me about 25 minutes to eat a 1/4 cup of food

Kristin

This Year I am taking back life!!!

Therese W.
on 6/22/09 10:18 am - Cottage Grove, MN
My nutritionist says up until 3 months out I'm only supposed to have 1/4 cup at each meal.  4T of food, 3T should be protein and 1T can be a veggie, fruit, etc.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this - AND SO CAN YOU!!

Therese 

onyxmann
on 6/23/09 3:18 am - Cary, NC
RNY on 05/18/09 with
I measure every meal out on a scale. I don’t allow more than 4 oz. per meal. Most times I can finish, but on a few occasions I can’t.  
EOD WIFE
on 6/23/09 12:08 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I measure too.. But I also have a feeling of full when I know I need to stop. It is like a little pressure behind the breast bone. I eat slowly and rest (sit the fork/spoon down) and try to take 20 min to complete the meal.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Kelly S.
on 6/23/09 10:33 pm
I am not having a hard time eating too much already. So I have started to weigh my food, not more than four onces on the plate and stop when it's either gone or I feel that fullness in my chest (or if I burp, or hiccup I stop!). 

I also eat way too fast, need to learn to slow down and take the time we are supposed to. Good luck, I know I have a hard time with the eating rules.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

aphrael
on 6/24/09 5:22 am
Those that are eatting 4 oz wow... I am lucky to get in two unless it is soup. 

I have a hard time with figuring out when to stop eatting as well.  It is like one bite I am fine, the next was the "one too much" 

I have to work on really watching the clock when I eat so I don't eat too fast.  
iamfarfaraway
on 6/24/09 6:41 am - Charlotte, NC
Wow your the first person I have seen with the same surgery date, I guess most Surgeons were not working on the Holiday.

Anyway I am now on soft food and can have a half cup of food 3 meals a day.  Since I just started soft foods this is still a little to much for me to eat I am sticking between 1/4 c and 1/2 cup and will be on this amount for 1 month then I go to a Normal diet and that is 3/4 c of food at each of the 3 meals a day.  You can tell by reading this that everyone is a little different but you do need to measure.

Best of Luck,
Sandy

**Also I threw up for the first time the other day and my issue was I ate to fast so make sure your chewing and eating slowly.

40 lbs lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1143 views