I found a way to get in my water...x-post

uNiQuE, iTs wHaT i
Am!

on 6/12/09 5:39 am - Selinsgrove, PA
So I have been having trouble getting in my liquids. My surgeon has said I must be one of those people who holds on to liquid and doesn't dehydrate easily as I was getting in less than 20 oz most days. Well for the past few days I have been getting in 40+ oz without trying or thinking.

The biggest part of how I have been doing it has been what everyone has been told. ALWAYS have water with you (minus when eating). I have one of those big 40 oz nalgene water bottles. Fill it in the beginning of the day with freezing cold water (if you like cold water, thats the only way I can drink it). Get it in an obnoxiously bright color (mine is neon pink) and put it not in direct eye sight but perphiral (sp) view....the color will catch your eye continously and will remind you to drink. Also, while you eat stick it is the freezer to keep it nice and cold...and it won't tempt you to drink. This worked for me cause it was always taunting me and reminding me to drink and I drank the entire bottle without thought.

*extra. regular water bottles and cups didnt work with me cause I would ignore them.

Hopes this helps someone else!

In a world full of cheerios be a fruit loop!   
Lilypie - (HynR)

260lbs.......148lbs........165lbs
                       Start........Current.......Goal 
                                Goal met 11/23

Kelly S.
on 6/15/09 8:38 am
Great advice, thanks!

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Gooodjuju
on 6/20/09 10:23 am
I've been back to the ER twice due to dehydration...I struggle everyday to get enough fluid...I'll try to get to get one of those bottles...where did you get yours that big?  and in neon???

Thanks for the advice.
~juju

uNiQuE, iTs wHaT i
Am!

on 6/20/09 11:43 am - Selinsgrove, PA
I got mine from my college lol. Any college or university near you will have them. If you don't want one of those....TARGET!!!! lol I love tarjae for the highly sophicated lol.

In a world full of cheerios be a fruit loop!   
Lilypie - (HynR)

260lbs.......148lbs........165lbs
                       Start........Current.......Goal 
                                Goal met 11/23

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views