Four weeks out and no loss for two...

Kelly S.
on 6/11/09 12:59 am, edited 6/11/09 3:08 am
I will be four weeks out of surgery tommorrow and I have not lost any weight for almost two weeks. I know this happens, but I am so discouraged.  I have been getting the protein in that I was told, eating 3 small meals a day (usu. one is protein shake to be sure I get enough protein).  I usu. have some SF hot choc in the evening for a treat and my calories are between 500-700/day. I have been exercising, not every day but at least three times a week and getting my water and sleep.  I am so glad I have this tiny pouch or I am sure I would give up and order a pizza and have a  martini.

Anyone else having a stall this early?

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

aphrael
on 6/11/09 2:57 am
I am a week a head of you and for weeks 2 and 3 I dropped less than a pound I was going crazy.  It did start back up at the end of the week and I have lost almost 3 pounds this week. 

I am one of the "bad" ones that weighs myself every day down to the .1 or whatever.  Seeing that fraction of a pound move even by .2 or .3 was enough to keep me from getting too discouraged.  Weighing everyday has allowed me to see trends and not be so focused on actually "weight" just that it is moving, just very slowly lol. 

I wish I was one of the people that dropped 40 pounds in a month. 
Kelly S.
on 6/11/09 3:10 am
Well, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  Like I said, I know it happens but in my mind it just doesn't make sense. If you are taking in 2000 less calories/day then you are expending why don't we lose??  Just can't wrap my  mind around it.  I hope your loss continues! Thanks for replying.

greencougar
on 7/4/09 1:38 am - MN
i'm taking in between 400-700/day exercising for an hour EVERY day, getting my protein and fluids, and am only down 27 lbs since surgery (May 4th) ...........i'm pleased and frustrated at the same time. i just read someone's profile that said she went from 278 to 135 in 7 months???? so much for "calories in-calories out=pounds lost!!!

iamfarfaraway
on 6/11/09 4:48 am - Charlotte, NC
I am a little over 2.5 weeks and I lost 11 lbs since my surgery and in the last 8 days I have lost about 1 lbs.  I have also tracked inches and I have lost 8.5 inches.  I think sometimes we lose inches rather than pounds, it also takes our bodies time to get use to the changes we are making it can be a little discouraging but we will all lose a lot more weight it is just going to take time. 

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 6/11/09 5:05 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Oh yeahhhh! I am sitting at the same weight for almost 3 weeks now. BUT, I am losing inches, so you might want to measure yourself and use that as a point of reference. I feel wonderful, which is also a big + since pre~op I was constantly tired and felt crappy (I was taking diabetic meds and fighting sugars over 200) I am now off diabetic meds & my BP is normal. SO that with the 30 something pound I have lost is a big success to me so far.
Someone posted on the main board about all the water we lose early on & how at 2-3 weeks out the body starts to replenish that, so the loss vs water evens it's self out.
I am just doing my thang, walking, doing the EA Sports & Wii fit and eating what I should, gettin my protein and trying to get all my water and staying off the scale.
The weight WILL come off in it's own time... no matter how bad I want it to come off NOW!

Good luck all!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Kelly S.
on 6/11/09 7:14 am
Thanks guys, I know that it happens, I just still feel discouraged.  This too shall pass, right?

So, here's to ignoring stalls and being happy with what we got! 

Thanks again!

jenfa79
on 6/11/09 9:44 am - Rockland, Maine
Hey Kelly! Remember I was just sitting here alittle under a week ago and I know how frustrating it was, i think it's our body's way of saying "whoa, what's going on here" but i had been losing inches, even though I was sure I hadn't. This week things are moving again, just hang in there and I know they will for you too!

At least next time this happens we will know what it's like and hopefully be less discouraged about it.

Hang in there and call me if you need to!
jenn
lizzyloo
on 6/11/09 1:44 pm, edited 6/11/09 1:44 pm
kjbiglin
on 6/18/09 3:52 am - Spokane, WA
I am releaved to read all of your posts, I had surgery May 18th and I am doing the same as you all.  I was getting frusterated but now reading all of your posts it makes me feel better we all are going through the same thing...thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1143 views