Drinking And Hunger HELP!!!!

Blumer11585
on 6/5/09 2:08 am

I'm a little overwhelmed..... I hate drinking water now. The taste  of it makes me sick . I am afraid I am not drinking enough and I know a problem can arise from that. I have been drinking crystal light and tea to change things up, but I still dont think i am drinking enough.

Also, I am almost a month out of surgery and I still dont think I get hungry. I eat every five hours just to make sure, but I dont think I am eating enough. I dont feel the hunger pains like i used to and its weird. I do get these neausea feelings and then I eat something then they go away. Am I weird or do others get the same thing.

Please someone respond to this and let me know what I should do... I am losing weight and it is great I love it, But i dont like these nasty tastes and feelings. If its normal then  I can deal, if not give me some help lol

Thanks

Rachael

kellietag
on 6/5/09 2:46 am - Santee, CA
I am right there with you. I cant tell if I am hungry or not. I am scared to eat but then I am scared not to eat. It is so much to take in. Sorry I cant be of much help, just wanted to let you know your not alone.

Kellie
EOD WIFE
on 6/5/09 5:11 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I am the opposite, I cant drink anything excep****er. Nothing else tastes good. I have a jug of water sitting on my desk and I drink all day constantly. But I am not getting all I should in, it will come in time I am sure. I also don't get hungry, but I eat 3 meals a day an a snack.

How much are you drinking & eating?

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

iamfarfaraway
on 6/5/09 9:59 am - Charlotte, NC
I asked my Surgeon how many calories I should be getting because I am getting anywhere from 400 to 625 he said that most people at my stage (almost 2 weeks out) ask that question he said under 750 calories is normal so I am right on track there.  He said once people are out about a year they ask the same question thinking there eating to much.  I don't have to much hunger I feel hungry every once in a while but not much.  I am doing Full Liquids and puree at this stage for another 2 weeks.

40 lbs lost pre-op

Lisaonajourney
on 6/6/09 2:47 am

Hi, I am having the same kind of issues.  I was loving the water, but this past week I just hate the taste of it. :(  The Crystal Light seems too sweet  and for some reason I am not liking iced tea--loved it before surgery!  I am going to buy a couple different brands of water and see if I find one that I can swallow again.  I don't want to get dehydrated and I know I'm not taking enough in because my kidneys ache. So, that's a priority for me today.

Good luck, just wanted to let you know you're not alone...

Lisa

Rosebud2
on 6/19/09 2:37 pm
Crystal Lite seems too sweet for me too.  I'm having to dilute it a bunch.  The only flavor I can take any more is the lemonade.  Everything seems extra sweet.

(23 prior to surgery)   

I'm 5'8"
The old broad

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views
132lbs gone!