Checking In!!!!

knailnhair
on 6/4/09 3:04 am - Milford, NJ
Well just got back from my first post op appt with Dr. Abkin, my surgery was May 19th. I just have to say I love this man!!!! He's wonderful, informative and very funny!! Had a few questions and he answered all of them with a valid explanation!!!

He removed my last Steri Strip and said everything was healing wonderfully. I'm not able to move onto to mushie foods and if all is ok  than in two weeks I can start solids. I will see him in 6 weeks for a follow-up.

Tommy and I went out to breakfast to celebrate and I had a Cheddar Cheese Omelette, I ate half of it and I was FULL!!!! I was sooo happy and amazed!!! I chewed, chewed, chewed and waited in between bites. No drinking during eating and set the alarm on my phone to let me know when 30 mins was up so I could drink again!!!

Oh...I almost forgot....my Blood Pressure was awesome!!!!

One more thing......I LOST 12 FREAKIN POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond estatic! I can't stop smiling!!!! Did ya think I'd forget to tell you all that most important fact?! Nooooooo, I was just playin!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Donna H.
on 6/4/09 4:39 am
Congrats Kimi, I know you are very happy and proud, I dont go to my do****il 6-25-09, but i am doing well...

Keep on posting, I love you hear from you and all my friends here at OH. i learn something everyday from you all..

Hugs & smooches

Donna
Donna H
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/09 5:05 am
w00t w00t!!!! You made it past the liquids!! I'm so stoked for ya!  12 pounds is awesome!!!!!
I''m doing the happy dance over here!!

surrender44
on 6/4/09 6:26 am - union, NJ
Thats great Kimi, congrats
I pray to always remember newbies
After the rain comes the rainbows
w ww.myspace.com/ultranay

iamfarfaraway
on 6/4/09 6:57 am - Charlotte, NC
Congrats,

I just had my 2 week appt with my Surgeon also today, I had my Surgery on 5-25 but he sees patients on Thursdays so it was either a little earlier than 2 weeks or a little later and I choose earlier.

I also love my Surgeon he is great, I could not ask for a better Surgeon for me.  I had lost 8 lbs since the day of the surgery so I am happy on top of the 40 I lost pre-op,  I am still on Full Liquids and puree for 2.5 more weeks then go to soft for 5 weeks.  It is really interesting how different all the plans are with each Surgeons office.

I hope everyone is doing well,
Sandy

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 6/4/09 2:28 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Congrats! sounds like your doing very well.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Joseph Itkor
on 6/6/09 10:24 am - hackettstown, NJ
That's awesome Kimi.  I just saw Dr. Abkin on Thursday at my pre-op class.  I'm having my bypass in less than two weeks.  I hope I do as well as you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1411 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1409 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1287 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1143 views