When do you start soft bariatrics?

Ananta
on 5/13/09 11:42 am - San Diego, CA

When do you start soft bariatrics on your post-op diet? Real food like cheeses, soft ground meat, eggs, and soft mashed fruits and veggies?

I start at day 14 and this seems early to me...

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 1:41 pm
 That's the same for me too and I'm doing fine with it.
EOD WIFE
on 5/13/09 2:43 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
On my plan that is about at week 4 to 6. If you can tolerate it now, I'd say go for it. Everyone heals at different rates and becomes ready sooner. I am going to attempt moving to more solids next week. I'd kill for a scrambled egg right now LOL.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

iamfarfaraway
on 5/13/09 11:04 pm - Charlotte, NC
I am pre-op but have my diet and I start soft week 5. 

Clear liquids week 1
All Liquids and Puree weeks 2,3 and 4
Soft weeks 5,6,7 and 8
Normal from week 9 on

40 lbs lost pre-op

kmk4774
on 5/13/09 11:30 pm - Pocono Summit, PA
Im on liquids for 3 weeks post op, puree 2 weeks soft food 1 week and then normal.  I cant' wait to chew again lol

Kristin

This Year I am taking back life!!!

karen C.
on 5/14/09 4:55 am

For me it will be clear liquid week 1, full liquid week 2, puree wk 3, mushie wk 4 and regular diet week five. So I guess that makes it four weeks to regular food.

karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

gregorygabbard
on 5/14/09 8:10 am - New Baltimore, MI
Full liquids first two weeks, pureed food weeks three and four and soft foods weeks five and six.
hamspam
on 5/15/09 3:31 pm - Downey, CA
Wow...my Doc is more strict...

Weeks 1-2 protein & clear liquids
Weeks 2-3 full liquids
Weeks 4-5 Pureed
Week 6+ soft solids progressing in amount and chewiness in 2 week increments.
Can't even have puree for 4 weeks!!!  I am bummed out.  I wonder why there is such a difference across programs?
Heather (aka Hamspam)
5'3" - HW: 228  SW: 220  CW: 135  GW: 125

Ananta
on 5/16/09 1:14 pm - San Diego, CA

I'm kind of flipping out... I mean, why can I have cream of wheat before I can have a protein supplement?  It makes no sense compared to all that I have read... almost EVERY post-op diet I have seen has protein earlier and the soft foods wait until AT LEAST week 4. 

My NUT is new.  She told me at our first meeting that she used to be the dietitian for the inmates in San Diego county.  We had this in common because I used to teach them computer skills.  It just makes me question her experience with bariatrics and where this post-op diet is coming from. 

I don't want to got off to the wrong start, you know?  I'm scared and I don't know what to do.  I am thinking of following another diet.  I found Yale's, Brigman and Women's, and Duke's all online.  I definitely think that my protein should come in by day 7 and my soft food should wait until at least week four.  But I am also scared to NOT follow what my NUT says.  Am I nuts?

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1418 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1421 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1297 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1154 views