I can't believe I actually did it!! Home from surgery!

tonigirlv
on 5/13/09 7:39 am - South Jersey Shore, NJ
Well, just got home from surgery on Monday.  I can't believe it actually happened.  All went well.  The only thing that bothered me was the anesthsia and the hard narcotics.  Once that was out of my system, I iwas feeling FAB!!  I stopped taking the dophran (??) very early Tuesday morning.   I am currently on Tylenol with codein and that seems to be doing the trick.  I even did a few things around the house today!!  On the loser's bench and recovering nicely.  I can't believe that only a few sips of broth do the trick. I would have never guessed after that week long liquid diet!!! Anyway, just reporting in.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for their good wishes!!!!  I wouldn't have done so well without the support of my friends here at OH!!!!    (also posted on lightweights board).

Luv,
Toni
iamfarfaraway
on 5/13/09 9:18 am - Charlotte, NC

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 5/13/09 10:15 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Woohoo... Good for you! Did you have Lap RNY? I had open an was in for 5 days.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Ananta
on 5/13/09 11:50 am - San Diego, CA
Welcome home!

tonigirlv
on 5/13/09 10:07 pm - South Jersey Shore, NJ
Yes, I was able to have lap rny.  they thought I would need open since I had a tummy tuck but when I woke up, they were able to do it lap!!!  So that was a nice surpirse.  I hope your doing well.  I read that you had pnemonia while in the hospital, which made me very aware to do my spirometer.  I hope you are doing well!!!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes!!
karen C.
on 5/14/09 4:39 am
welcome home! glad you're feeling so well.
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1418 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1421 views
How is everyone?