I am soooo scared !!

neetslove
on 5/11/09 8:10 am - Maple Shade, NJ
surgery is tomorrow!! (yikes) stil dont have a time yet . they should be calling at any time now.
Ananta
on 5/11/09 8:21 am - San Diego, CA

I know what you mean.  It's a bit overwhelming and here you are going tomorrow.  I'm a week from tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous.  My mom had the surgery 7 years ago (350lbs down to 165 still) and before she went in I told her to picture all of the people in the world who loved her and to feel that love in her body.  It might be helpful to pack something comforting for the hospital. Good luck.  Let us know how you're doing!

EOD WIFE
on 5/11/09 8:28 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
On May 11, 2009 at 3:21 PM Pacific Time, Ananta wrote:

I know what you mean.  It's a bit overwhelming and here you are going tomorrow.  I'm a week from tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous.  My mom had the surgery 7 years ago (350lbs down to 165 still) and before she went in I told her to picture all of the people in the world who loved her and to feel that love in her body.  It might be helpful to pack something comforting for the hospital. Good luck.  Let us know how you're doing!

That is a awesome way to put someone at ease before surgery.

I think it is pretty normal to be scared, this is major surgery. But your doc and the hospital staff will take very good care of you. Everything will go so much smoother if you relax (try to) and think about why your having the procedure and how you will feel once your recovered.
Congrats on your surgery & we will welcome you to the losers bench real soon.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

iamfarfaraway
on 5/11/09 8:36 am - Charlotte, NC
How exciting, I can only imagine how scared you feel, I am still 2 weeks out, I know everything will be fine.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

40 lbs lost pre-op

Bootsee01
on 5/11/09 9:17 am - FL
Oh, you're going to be just fine. Of course, there was nothing that could soothe me prior to surgery. I laid in pre-op and cried as if I were strapped to the lethal injection table. I was a mess. However, it all worked out and I'm fine now. I won't lie to you though, the first week is going to SUCK!!. Hang in there and I PROMISE it all gets better. We can't wait to hear your update. Best wishes and we're all praying for you.

gregorygabbard
on 5/11/09 11:22 am - New Baltimore, MI
I'm going in tomorrow as well. 12:30 is my time. We will be fine.
Carlie
on 5/11/09 11:33 am - MI
I wish you the very best!  How exciting (and scary).  I am still waiting for my surgery date (RNY).  A new beginning tommorrow!
jpas_mom
on 5/11/09 12:31 pm - Malvern, PA
Best of luck on a good surgery and a speedy recovery. I'm two weeks out (starting tomorrow) and beginning to feel the jitters!
See you in on the thinner side:)

Dawn
HW320/SW257/CW171/GW127
63 lbs lost PRE-OP!

deannhuss
on 5/11/09 12:35 pm - Pensacola, FL
Everything will be OK...Thousands and thousands of people have this surgery. Just say a prayer and everything will turn out just fine....
hollywood
on 5/12/09 2:44 am - Victorville, CA
I know how you are feeling, I am only 9 days out and I am really starting to get nervous, but then I think about  why I am doing this. To better myself and I start to calm down. Though I know when it comes time to go into the room I am going to cry like a little baby. Good luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1418 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1421 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1297 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1154 views