Pre Op Diet

hollywood
on 5/12/09 2:48 am - Victorville, CA
I was wondering what your daily meals look like for your pre op. How are you handling being on nothing but liquids?
iamfarfaraway
on 5/12/09 3:13 am - Charlotte, NC
I am now on Day 2 of my 14 day Liquid Diet.  I think Day 2 is going to be a little harder than Day 1 but anyway.        I have 4 protein shakes a day and crystal light inbetween.  Yesterday my total calories were 1090, carbs 92, protein 144g and 100oz of water/crystal light.  I am 3 lbs lighter today. 

40 lbs lost pre-op

wandac
on 5/12/09 3:18 am, edited 5/12/09 3:18 am - Advance, NC
I could have SF jello, pudding, crystal light, tea and coffee with artificial sweetener, diet sodas, broth, grits, cream of wheat, yogurt........stuff like that.  I am also one of the lucky ones that only have 10 days and I get to have baked or grilled skinless chicken or fish.  Since tomorrow is surgery I can only have clear liquids today. I can also have SF ice pops.

I have handled it better than I thought that I would....the worst days were the first 2 and I have had a rough day here and there but all in all it hasn't been as bad as I expected.

I hope that this helps!

Wanda

ETA: Oh yes, protein shakes, SF carnation instant breakfast as well.
karen C.
on 5/12/09 6:12 am

I am on Day 5 of twelve of liquids (opti-fast). The first two days were the worst but it's been getting easier since then. The hunger's mostly gone now (since yesterday). I just get hungry at shake time (I get 5 a day). I'm allowed to have sf beverages, popsicles, pudding and jello as well as carrots, celery. To be honest I've avoided the veggies because I seem to be hungrier after I eat them. And the other stuff really doesn't help alot, except I've been drinking a ton of crystal lite. The biggest problem is insomnia- I went on the internet today and found that high protein diets can cause insomnia. It's killing me since I work 12 hour days as a nurse. I'm going to try avoiding protein after 6pm.  But don't worry too much about hunger- it goes away.

Karen
Lapband 5-12-09

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1418 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1421 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1297 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1154 views