Pre-op visit with NUT today

iamfarfaraway
on 5/6/09 11:28 am - Charlotte, NC
Today I had my pre-op visit with the NUT and went over my 2 week liquid diet that was not really a surprise on what I could have.  What surprised me was my post -op diet for week one.  I am only allowed clear liquids, for some reason I thought I would be able to have my choc protein shake with water but I can't it needs to be clear liquids for a week.  So when I got home from my visit I went on line and ordered a few different protein waters.  I have Unjury chicken soup and unflavored protein I can add to my Crystal light.  Just guess I didn't read the 1st week information that clearly.

WISHING ALL YOUR SURGERIES BE UNEVENTFUL AND YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY

40 lbs lost pre-op

Stacy M.
on 5/6/09 12:26 pm - Woodbury, MN

some docs do keep their patients on clear liquids for a week post op. I only need to have them while I'm in the hospital.. week 1 and 2 post op are full liquid/purees... week 3-8 is soft foods, then regular bariatric diet after that. All the surgeons are different..  I'm glad I don't need to do clear liquids after surgery..

You should see if the Nature's Best® Isopure Zero Carb drinks are on your clear liquid list. They contain protein in them.

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

iamfarfaraway
on 5/6/09 11:58 pm, edited 5/7/09 12:13 am - Charlotte, NC
The Isopure is what they had in the office as an example I stopped by the GNC store on my way home and they didn't have any. I ordered it online yesterday from Netrition.com they have 6 packs for 11.99 hopefully it was an ok price but I got Grape Frost and Alpine punch,
Thanks

40 lbs lost pre-op

wandac
on 5/6/09 1:22 pm - Advance, NC
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/query.jsp?q=protein+b litz&intsource2=main

Wow!  I have even tried proetin blitz....they have a few different flavors but I picked th grape and it is actually pretty good.  I bought mine at The Vitamin Shoppe......I also bought one from the frig before I bought a whole case.  I put a link up so you can take a look.  It really reminded me of grape Kool Aid.....just not as good!

When does you diet start?

iamfarfaraway
on 5/6/09 11:54 pm - Charlotte, NC
I start my liquid diet on May 11th so Monday.  I think I know where a vitamin shoppe is I might go see if they have them in the store so I can try it.  Thanks for the suggestion, I ordered some different stuff online the other day I will have plenty of stuff now I just want to make sure I like what I will need to use and the more different types the better.

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 5/11/09 8:24 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I am on a full liquid diet, so I can do the protien drinks(which are yuckie to me) I have to choke them down. But I'm all in love with me some chicken broth. In the hospital all the food (what a joke to say food in reguard to that stuff) was so blah I had to make myself gag thru it. The 2 week pre~op diet went fast for me ( I did have a wedding to throw for my daughter in the weekend before surgery) so time passed fast for me dealing with Bridezilla! lol

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1418 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1421 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1297 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1154 views