Recent Posts

BJ145
on 5/4/09 1:02 pm
Topic: Another Anniversary!
Hello fellow friends,

It's my Anniversary date approaching once again, it is hard to believe I had WLS 11 years ago!  I feel like an honest and true success story.  I went into surgery May 13th 1998 at 265 lbs, One year to that date I was at my goal weight of 145. I have fluctuated from 142 to 155 for over Ten years, today I weighed in at my doctors office at 143.  I was lucky to have had my surgery at 29 years old (yes that means I am now 40!) I must say thanks to Dr McPherson and his staff, because of them I have had the the best 10 years ever!  I got to experience my Thirties in a way I never thought possible and due to my healthier way of living I feel like I will get to enjoy many many more years that I may not have had I not had the weight loss. I won't sit here and "sugar" coat it though, its not always been easy and I have had some repercussions, however the repercussions were a small price to pay considering what might have been otherwise. I have had problems with my teeth (getting dentures this Friday), and I have had some Muscle related issues. Mainly getting enough protein keeping my bones and muscles strong now that I am 40 are my "New Main Priorities" I did not come this far to screw it up now!  I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and to let Dr Mac know... "I am an official documented gastric bypass success" Dr Mac once told me that if I followed the program and my maintenance with him for about Ten years then I could be considered an official case study-(I feel so important )  "Here's to the next Ten years!" Thanks Dr Mac & Staff- All my love Belinda Jones Tennessee
k in me W.
on 7/9/05 2:15 am - me
Topic: RE: Never Reached My Goal
me too!!!i started at 444..peaked at 260..stayed there.tried everthing,and use all of the tools the g.bypass taught me..just stay at this weight..could easily lose another 100 lbs..its frustrating to see others lose more than they thought they would.would love a revision,but its not something that they do..the worst thing is,that in maine ,they wont do a breast reduction till one is under 200 lbs..so,im 5'9..no breast reduction.im now a 38 ddd.before i was a 56 ddd..if i was 4'10 and weighed 199,i could have it done..ive contacted all of the plastic surgeons in maine..no go..ill even pay for it out of pocket..im in good physical shape,most of my remaining weight being on my bottm half...grrrrr...why do some reach their goal and others not???
1800Bev
on 11/11/04 8:40 am - Somewhere, CA
Teresa, have you been to the calif msg board for support? http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/CA
Jo Anne C.
on 9/10/04 5:21 am - Calabasas, CA
Hi ~ Yes I do relate. I had my surgery in August 1998. I lost 35 lbs right away and have maintained since. I have another 85 lbs to loose. I too found no support system until I learned of this web site. I would like food ideas and support so I can loose the rest of my weight and communicate with others that have had this surgery. ~ Jo Anne Catran ~ My e-mail address is, [email protected] or, [email protected]
Teresa M.
on 4/14/04 5:39 am - Crescent City, CA
Topic: Never Reached My Goal
I had my surgery over five years ago. At the time, I searched for a program but there wasn't anything available in the rural northern California area, where I live. I found a surgeon, via the internet, in another town that did bariatric surgery. I told my medical nurse and all the tests were done and I met once with the surgeon. He weighed me in (325 lbs) and scheduled me for surgery. I returned two months later and met him the evening before the surgery and then showed up at the hospital. Four days later, I returned to my home and met monthly with my nurse. Over the first year I lost 110 lbs. I didn't have a support goup or know of other people who had had the surgery. Now five plus years later, I am still 100 lbs overwieight. I see more and more information is available about nutrition, pre and post counseling and extended follow up. I wouls like to hear from others who may be in the same position I am in and also has anyone every looked at having their surgery done again?
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another Anniversary!
BJ145 · 0 replies · 192 views
Never Reached My Goal
Teresa M. · 3 replies · 175 views