Never Reached My Goal

Teresa M.
on 4/14/04 5:39 am - Crescent City, CA
I had my surgery over five years ago. At the time, I searched for a program but there wasn't anything available in the rural northern California area, where I live. I found a surgeon, via the internet, in another town that did bariatric surgery. I told my medical nurse and all the tests were done and I met once with the surgeon. He weighed me in (325 lbs) and scheduled me for surgery. I returned two months later and met him the evening before the surgery and then showed up at the hospital. Four days later, I returned to my home and met monthly with my nurse. Over the first year I lost 110 lbs. I didn't have a support goup or know of other people who had had the surgery. Now five plus years later, I am still 100 lbs overwieight. I see more and more information is available about nutrition, pre and post counseling and extended follow up. I wouls like to hear from others who may be in the same position I am in and also has anyone every looked at having their surgery done again?
Jo Anne C.
on 9/10/04 5:21 am - Calabasas, CA
Hi ~ Yes I do relate. I had my surgery in August 1998. I lost 35 lbs right away and have maintained since. I have another 85 lbs to loose. I too found no support system until I learned of this web site. I would like food ideas and support so I can loose the rest of my weight and communicate with others that have had this surgery. ~ Jo Anne Catran ~ My e-mail address is, [email protected] or, [email protected]
1800Bev
on 11/11/04 8:40 am - Somewhere, CA
Teresa, have you been to the calif msg board for support? http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/CA
k in me W.
on 7/9/05 2:15 am - me
me too!!!i started at 444..peaked at 260..stayed there.tried everthing,and use all of the tools the g.bypass taught me..just stay at this weight..could easily lose another 100 lbs..its frustrating to see others lose more than they thought they would.would love a revision,but its not something that they do..the worst thing is,that in maine ,they wont do a breast reduction till one is under 200 lbs..so,im 5'9..no breast reduction.im now a 38 ddd.before i was a 56 ddd..if i was 4'10 and weighed 199,i could have it done..ive contacted all of the plastic surgeons in maine..no go..ill even pay for it out of pocket..im in good physical shape,most of my remaining weight being on my bottm half...grrrrr...why do some reach their goal and others not???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another Anniversary!
BJ145 · 0 replies · 192 views
Never Reached My Goal
Teresa M. · 3 replies · 176 views