Another Anniversary!

BJ145
on 5/4/09 1:02 pm
Hello fellow friends,

It's my Anniversary date approaching once again, it is hard to believe I had WLS 11 years ago!  I feel like an honest and true success story.  I went into surgery May 13th 1998 at 265 lbs, One year to that date I was at my goal weight of 145. I have fluctuated from 142 to 155 for over Ten years, today I weighed in at my doctors office at 143.  I was lucky to have had my surgery at 29 years old (yes that means I am now 40!) I must say thanks to Dr McPherson and his staff, because of them I have had the the best 10 years ever!  I got to experience my Thirties in a way I never thought possible and due to my healthier way of living I feel like I will get to enjoy many many more years that I may not have had I not had the weight loss. I won't sit here and "sugar" coat it though, its not always been easy and I have had some repercussions, however the repercussions were a small price to pay considering what might have been otherwise. I have had problems with my teeth (getting dentures this Friday), and I have had some Muscle related issues. Mainly getting enough protein keeping my bones and muscles strong now that I am 40 are my "New Main Priorities" I did not come this far to screw it up now!  I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and to let Dr Mac know... "I am an official documented gastric bypass success" Dr Mac once told me that if I followed the program and my maintenance with him for about Ten years then I could be considered an official case study-(I feel so important )  "Here's to the next Ten years!" Thanks Dr Mac & Staff- All my love Belinda Jones Tennessee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another Anniversary!
BJ145 · 0 replies · 193 views
Never Reached My Goal
Teresa M. · 3 replies · 176 views