repost from RNY boards

Razzmuffin
on 8/30/10 5:34 am - Collinsville, IL
4 months out

I realize that every pouch is different... however... I feel as though I can eat alot. I don't go into a meal trying to eat as much as I can, but I also have had enough restriction that I never really kept up with measuring either.  I am scaring myself thinking about stretching or having already stretched my pouch enough to make fail at this.
I am in therapy for food issues and I want to start measuring again.  Problem is that the staff at the surgeons office keep telling me that to start it should be a half cup and that by the end of first year up to a cup and half. Well great, but where should I be or should I aim to be NOW? So I pose the question, at 4 months out what amounts are people eating?
I know that I get in a hurry alot and opt for the taco bell crunchy taco on the road as it is smallish and seems less threatening than the alternatives, but I am trying to get in the habit of preparing my own food more often and quantity seems to be my stumbling block.  A typical evening meal for me is 2-3 ounces of grilled/baked chicken or salmon and a half cup of a vegetable.  Sometimes I cannot fini**** all, other times I can and just stop anyway.  Is that alot? I often feel like it is too much and I worry about my success.  Weight loss has definitely slowed down but has not completely stopped, I made it through 6 week period with a mere 5 pound loss and started losing again although it is still slow say 2-3 lb per week. I am okay with those numbers as long as it keeps going.  My big concern is eating too much.  The thought of defeating the purpose of my surgery just makes me nauseas and lose sleep.
Any and all advice is welcome, flames.... not so much.

Razz

heitimay
on 8/31/10 2:19 am
My amounts of food really depends on the texture of them. Soup, like minestrone with lots of veggies, I can have 2+ cups. More solid type food like you described, I can eat about what you eat. Just to encourage you, my weight loss has slowed a bunch too! I hit a two week with no loss stretch that had me frustrated. I am trying to increase the exercise to build muscle and that seems to have gotten me past my stuck place. But it is slow. I have lost only 5 pounds in the last month. Like you said, as long as it keeps coming off!

phoenix 279
on 9/3/10 9:33 am - Morrisville, NC
i feel the same way... i am always hungry... have been since i had the surgery. i have never had a period of "oh i am not hungry so i wont eat" (except for the 1st week after surgery). i am always thinking about how much i should be eating... am i having too many meals / snacks? am i grazing? i am going stir crazy!!!

the last time i was in my doctors office, i was told to up my calories to 1000 - 1200. so when i am in doubt i goto myplate on livestrong.com and list what i eat for 2-3 days. that helps me understad how much i am consuming, and if i should worry or eat more to meet my caloie goals. it really calms my mind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views