HAIR LOSS!!!

KKLLY
on 8/20/10 4:16 pm
Im really really loosing my hair - I had extremely thick hair to start.....and now, 4 months out today... I am loosing hair by the handfuls...  any suggestions? 

kristi

Tammygm
on 8/21/10 2:57 am - MS
I read several articles on it and talked to my hair dresser. It is just part of having major surgery.........and for most people it stops around 7 months. Mine started at 3 months and didnt stop until around 7 months out..............I didnt have a lot of hair to begin with and then it came out like I was undergoing Chemo!! Scared me to death. I even developed two small balled spots to the right and left of the front part of my hair on my forehead.
My hair dresser suggested finding a shampoo without Sulfates in it and that is PH balanced...........she said I should use it anyway to protect my hair. I researched online and found Alba and love it...............you can get the shampoo and conditioner at Walmart for like $10 for both!! Ours had it over with the berts bees stuff in the makeup section. Anyway..........my doctor's office suggested taking biotin............I read online that it is used to help promote healthy hair but nothing has ever been proven to work. I took them when I thought about it.
Other thank that .............just hang in there it does stop and now I have hair growing back in. I am so happy about that!! :)
Emily F.
on 8/21/10 7:38 am
Nothing can help. You can take biotin to make the new hair grow in better but nothing will STOP the hair from falling out.

I'm just happy I had thick hair to begin with. I just won't get it thinned out at the dressers.
mspiccolo
on 8/23/10 2:05 am - Camarillo, CA
I feel your pain.  Mine has started falling out.  It's not noticeable to others but I can notice it and it freaks me out.  Hopefully it will stop in a few month.  It's a good thing I have a ton of hair.  Hang in there.

Chris S.
on 8/25/10 9:17 am
 Ugh, I am feeling your pain on this.  I am freaking out and afraid to even touch my head out of fear that I will see more hair fall out.  Is this because we arent getting enough protein?  I'll drink 6 protein shakes a day if my hair will just stop falling out!  
Regards,
Chris

Alyssa P.
on 9/1/10 1:42 am - Twin Cities, MN
ACK!  Im right with you!  And Im also thankful for having thick hair to start with!  

I talked to the nurse about it at my 3 mos check up (it was just starting then) and I mentioned Biotin... She said I could try it - but there havent been any real studies proving its effectiveness.  I thought it was worth a shot... Though I have yet to take it.  
Alyssa  
"Adopt the secret of nature.  Her secret is patience." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views